The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my friend have been planning for me to keep a horse at her joust, but I have to pay for a year I boarding says my mom. Of would be so fun riding on her 1000 acers of land, but my other friend rides on an IEA team, for you who don't know what that is ... It's a team ad you go to shows then you draw a hrses name, and you ride that horse you drew that you never even seen and your Ride it on a corse. I've been kinda tempted to do that because it's less than half re price for boarding and food and vet and stiff at my one firend house and I think it would be rly fun. What do u think Is better?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
It depends on whether you can be at your house daily to take care of the horse. If not, then boarding would be a better thing to do.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I I was at a stable I wouldn't own. I'd just take lessonss and show

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I guess I am confused at what you are asking. In the first post you said you were planning to keep a horse at your friends 'joust' - not sure if you meant house. I thought you had a horse.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i meant house, my spell check on my ipod is sillly, no i dont have a horse, thats me on her horse

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
lol i meant house, my spell check on my ipod is sillly...
Nothing wrong with your iPod's spell check. (I won't comment on your typing :)) Joust is a perfectly good word, and even horse-related (knights in armour riding at each other with lances, you know). It's just disappointing to those of us who were thinking your friend might be into the medieval/SCA thing...

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
James are you? I am. I do swordfighting - on hiatus no until my knees get fixed. My draft was a warhorse but out grew his horse trailer so we don't do the medieval games anymore.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I've never done medieval sword fighting (there's no one around here that does AFAIK), but have done fencing & kendo (Japanese samurai-style) at various times.

I don't know if I'd want to do jousting - I hate having long pointy things aimed at me :) - but I've thought about someday trying stuff like mounted archery. Of course that's going to be a long way in the future, since I'm very much a beginner now.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well I have only had my horse boarded but if I had a good quality arena at home I would move in a heartbeat. I really like boarding because there is other horse people to "mingle" with. I find there is more oppurtunities at a stable(riding different horses,going to shows,borrowing tack...). But it in the end its your choice and whats with in your budget.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i like agisting / boarding my horses, i can ride with people and i can have great facilities that i would never have at home...not like i have a property of my own...

·
Registered
673 Posts
I liked boarding my horse. It's nice to have a good riding ring to use, with jumps, and it's fun to have people to ride with. When my horses were at my house, it could be lonely riding by myself, and I didn't have a ring, or even a really level area to school in. I still had fun, but I got a lot more done in regard to learning to ride and training my horse when I had her boarded.

The main benefit when she was at home was being able to trail ride anytime. That was great! Until people built houses and fences everywhere :(

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
For me it's much cheaper keeping my horse at home. I dont have to buy as much feed (our horses rarely get feed, they do great on just pasture) and I allways know whats going oon with my horse. And I can look out my window and see her. Yeah I don't have all the opportunities and the arena and stuff, but I do get to spend alot more quaility time with my horse, no rulse to follow, and no people that I don't get along with. The only downside is that there is no one to ride with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.