The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you use mats in your stalls if so what kind and how did you prepare the surface underneath.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Six inches of gravel under my mats.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
829 Posts
We brought some equestrian rubber matting (so expensive :?) from a company called Numat for our two stalls - cost us almost $3000 for two loose boxes. The original floor was old concrete in pretty average condition so we put down some self leveling concrete over the top first to make it more level. For the price of the matting we didn't want to cause additional wear from the uneven floor. I think the guy said you could put it down on a dirt floor if it was compact and level enough but we already had concrete in there. It hasn't had much use yet but will do over winter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have anything between the gravel and your mats. I have seen some say they use rock dust or sand on gravel and then the mats.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
We bought our mats from the Canadian version of Tractor Supply. They're laid on top of a clay base with a light layer of base gravel on top of that (some people call it road gravel - mix of sand and smallish stones).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.