The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m taking this stallion to be gelded on Monday he is six years old and the quietest horse I,ve ever seen in my life, and I,m feeling guilty about it, not much of a post really, but I am feeling really guilty

Attachments

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
He will be happier as a gelding. As a gelding he will be able to be with other horses. He will have more value to the average horse person. He will be able to go out on group rides, group shows and other events without having to worry about if a mare is in season. You won't have to worry (as much) about an inexperienced person leading him and out of pasture. He won't be sitting around thinking "gee I miss my testicles", so don't feel guilty. Men find this a hard thing to do, but you are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
You are giving him even more freedom with becoming a gelding! Yes, he will be a little sore for a few days but then he can be in with all of the other horses he ever wants. He is going to make one flashy gelding and I think he will thank you. IMO even the best behaved stallions feel frustrated at times because their instinct screams "mate mate mate!" and they are restrained and asked to not show any of their natural instinct. Chances are he will be much happier with being able to think about other things and pay attention to you easier.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
He will be happier as a gelding:D & so will you!!! I gelded my stallion at 5 yrs he was no worse for were after the procedure & was soon able to go live his life out with the rest of the herd.Less headaches for you have a happier horse all round:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.