The Horse Forum banner

Stargazing

12014 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  tempest
I've probably already asked this question before but I can't remember the solution. Razz is a stargazer, therefore she is hollow when it comes to her back. I also know that there are many ways to get her to bring her nose down, but I also know that some of these are only, as some people put it "band aids." So now I'm going to ask how do I fix her stargazing. I've gotten her to bring her nose down at the walk, but the trot and the canter are horrible. A little help would be nice, so if you have any advice at all, please give it to me.

No insults intended with the band aid comment, I only thought that it was the best term and since it wasn't mine....
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Feel free to have looks of horror on your faces if I show you some photos. I already know what some factors may be to her stargazing, one would be the saddle. Sadly we don't have a saddle that is made especially for her because of her breeding. The one we use now is currently the one that fits the best. The second one could be that it is impossible to sit her trot. I'm really good at sitting horses trots, english or western, but hers is just extremely....I don't know I can't describe it.
My equitation is not the best in the world, but my RI said that if I can learn to stay relaxed, I could be winning a lot of classes. Saddle seat, my hands are extremely steady, but huntseat is another story, especially at the canter. So my riding must have more to do with her stargazing.
Razz's last rider has told me many times that I need to really get on her curb when I ride, I don't agree with that (note this was the rider that was repeatedly thrown). But when I compare pictures from when she was riding Razz and when I ride Razz, Razz has a headset. My shoulder's do need to be pulled back, I'm working on it.
And no she is not really sensitive to leg pressure, unless I'm asking her to move forward. She won't side pass, but I can do a 20m circle with her.

Former rider riding her.

PhotoReflect - IN THE GAME action photography - Mason County Saddle Club 2008

I see what you mean by needing her to track up just by looking at her legs in both pictures.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to find a picture of me riding her. Please be patient

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What the heck is wrong with that site? Everytime I go to relook at the pictures...a different one comes up.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry about the picture with the chestnut gelding, that is a really old picture, I picked the wrong photo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.