The Horse Forum banner

Will Boo's foal be

• On time?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late? If so, give day born in body of post.

• How many nights will I have to sit up and do foal watch? Give Number of nights in body of thread.

Starting Boo's Countdown To Foaling

3K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  waresbear 
#1 · (Edited)
Boo was covered April 16, 18, 20, 2022. Checked in foal May 6, 2022. So day 340 is March 26, 2023 and she's now 296 days in foal. In all the years I've had her, she's gone 340 days exactly and laid down and presented us with a lovely, healthy foal.

She's so big and has such a HUGE amount of room to carry her foal that she never really shows or looks pregnant until she starts getting pretty close to foaling. Tonight I noticed when I went out to feed and blanket that she's actually getting round in her belly and starting to show. At least, she is to ME. I think if you didn't know her, you probably wouldn't notice. I did notice that when I went to do up her belly band on her blanket that the straps don't wrap around as far as they usually do. I gave her belly a pat and told her, "Boo, you're amazing. You're about to foal out here, in a MINUTE and you're just barely starting to show!". She just kind of looked at me like, "Yeah and it's all your fault!". And went right back to hoovering up her dinner. Silly mare!

#31 ·
I'll try to remedy the pics soon. We've been working all day getting the foaling stall all set up because we've had storms coming and needed to get the stall matted, bedded and lots of straw down. Also needed to hang tarps, this barn isn't nearly as generous for size as our old place and Boo is really not happy with everyone being able to be close to her little one. She's been very much, "He's looking at my BABY!" "HEY YOU! ****** OFF!" And being very militant about things so we decided to give her some privacy curtains. Been working rather than being able to be full time photographers. This little filly is a little LOVE BUG. Very friendly, right from the jump.

#44 ·
Adorable baby she is super cute!!! jus wanna hug her and tickle her leetle nose!! You might try scratching her neck and chest when she lets you get closer, she might just do the cutest baby upper lip showoff because she is itchy there. All of my horses are itchy in the neck and chest area and some show off really well that they like it... super funny.

Reactions: Knave
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.