The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone.

So I'm doing some research to help set goals I can achieve in order to set up my own horse training business (and eventual rescue as well). I realize this is a difficult field to get into and often, especially at the start, training horses can't be the sole job a person has since there isn't enough money in it when first starting out.
I'm currently hoping to both take on clients as well as get project horses to work on myself.

With that said, I've got several questions and I'd appreciate any input and advice you guys have to give about this field of work!

1. If you're a trainer, how much do you charge for these different levels of training:
- starting a horse
- restarting
- putting on miles
- problem solving

2. What is the demand like for trainers in your area?
(Bonus if you're from Canada since that's where I live currently though I am thinking of moving elsewhere)

3. If you've started your own training business, what are steps you took to get there?

4. Things to avoid when first starting up your own horse business?

5. Do you have your business funds sepperate from your personal funds? If so, how much do you go about paying yourself / put towards bills / taxes / ect.?

6. Anything else you'd like to mention/advise on this, either from trainer or non trainer perspective?

Pic of my current project horse cause it's always fun to see horse pics lol.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
In this area, right now, horse prices way up, trainers full. If you can teach a horse anything worthwhile, $700 & up, most up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have a very interesting business idea. Many will be interested in this. I think you can even easily find an investor for your business. To advise you, probably contact this wow24-7.io/virtual-assistant service. This is a guarantee that your potential client will wait for the connection and will not go to competitors. Maintaining a database, increasing customer loyalty, conducting marketing research, surveys, and questionnaires to identify weaknesses in the company's work, that's what you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts