The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my QH got kicked in the stifle 6 years ago, deep bone bruise, stall rest, light hand walking, after three months he would go back to light riding and starting work again. got better didn't bug him for a few years. i got other horses and started to work with him less but he still got lightly exercised. it got worse this winter. vet came out to do shots, asked about it and he said chiropractor a few times to see if it gets better, and put him of supplements. if it gets worse to get joint injections. he would only be used in the summer for trails maybe a few times down the rode, and a few rides in the winter light riding maybe a few minutes. as of right now he is my trail horse as my horse hates going down the trail or outside of a confined area( like arena of pasture) with someone on his back. even if i get another horse for trails and ect i would still take him a few times a year.

anyone else with this problem and what did you do? any suggestions on what to do?

He is a almost 16 (may 31) Qh bigger built, Ranch horse.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
have you tried liniment just to keep it moving ? find one thats not super strong , a mild one, or mix it partially with water . dont splash any on his under parts ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.