The Horse Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
9,470 Posts
I wouldn't ride her while she is looking like that, she's in pain, and your weight is only going to make that worse.

I really think she needs a vet and a chiro out to her.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok :-( I guess we'll just work on improving ground manners then :) She got a bath yesterday and really loved it, but freaked out because of the fly spray bottle (this is new) and broke her halter.

Really can't win with her...

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Ok :-( I guess we'll just work on improving ground manners then :) She got a bath yesterday and really loved it, but freaked out because of the fly spray bottle (this is new) and broke her halter.

Really can't win with her...
Get a rope halter for now. Those can't break. Just don't hard tie it.. always to bailing twine.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The fly spray wasn't new, the fact she freaked out is. I always spray her. I was there yesterday and she was fine with it until I started coming closer to her face, which is when I started putting it in my hand and smearing it on her. But she didn't freak out over it like she did the other day, which makes me believe it's an anomaly.

But a little update:

She is definitely paddock sound now. Does not show any pain walking ,trotting, and cantering around the paddock. On the lunge line she behaves, changes leads correctly, and moves well. Still a little stiff, but much better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also highly recommend a chiro come out and look at your horse. Made a huge difference for my gelding. Use Durasole to toughen up her feet. Use on soles only no frog or wall. Jiaguloan is a chinese herb that helps also with circulation to the feet and has anti inflamatory properties to it. I take it and have given it my boy to help manage a mild case of navicular.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The vet is coming June 4th, so I will ask her for recommendations for one. By the off chance does anyone here have anyone to recommend in NY? Hudson Valley area...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts