The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started riding when I was five years old and ever since then it's been a chore getting me OUT of the barn. When I was little I would wander around the barn after my riding lessons and LOOK for work to do, to help, and to just be in the environment. As I got older I started working at barns to pay for part boarding and eventually owning my own horse.

Well, now I am almost 25 and for the most part, a responsible adult with a mortgage and a wedding to plan for.

My horse fractured his humerus from a kick so he has been on stall rest for the past 3 weeks (no serious damage and no last effects, YAY). So last night I drove out to my barn, in a SNOW STORM, just to see my little guy to make sure everything was all ****** dorey. Two hours later, while in a run in shed in the dark, with a magnetic flashlight and a pitch fork, cleaning out a run shed with my dog staring at my like I've lost my mind I realized... I'm STILL that little girl. :lol: I'm still happier slogging around in the mud trying (and failing) to push around a full wheelbarrow through ankle deep mud in our wonderful Canadian winters than I am at my 'grown up' office job, or out picking out bridesmaid dresses.

My dad always used to ask me when I'm going to 'outgrow' it. I think it's safe to say never at this point! :wink:

All I can say is thank God for all of you who understand and make me feel a little less crazy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.