The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago someone posted some information and a link to a special kind of stittup.

They looked more or less normal except they looksed more like a step with the foot resting spot very wide. Wide in that you could put your whole foot on the bar and it acted like a wide step ...not the thinner bar that is normal for stirrups. Sort of looked like a cage not not quite.

I believe it was stated they are good for weak ankles and good for endurance. They may have been S America in origin but I believe there may be a place in the US where they can be ordered.

Does anyone know what I am referring to and their actual name or link to where they can be found ?

·
Banned
629 Posts
About a year ago someone posted some information and a link to a special kind of stittup.

They looked more or less normal except they looksed more like a step with the foot resting spot very wide. Wide in that you could put your whole foot on the bar and it acted like a wide step ...not the thinner bar that is normal for stirrups. Sort of looked like a cage not not quite.

I believe it was stated they are good for weak ankles and good for endurance. They may have been S America in origin but I believe there may be a place in the US where they can be ordered.

Does anyone know what I am referring to and their actual name or link to where they can be found ?
Well, I'm not sure where you'd get a 'stittup', but I do know what you're talking about, though the name escapes me.

Yes, used by endurance people...is there an endurance forum on this site?

See, I was so totally not helpful there.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Do you mean something like this? This is me riding an endurance horse.. endurance saddle, endurance horse, endurance stirrups-

I dunno how those would be with bad ankles, but I'd like to try since I destroyed my calcaneofibular ligament.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
I must not be old enough, because I don't get the "pot stirrer" reference.

Meh, maybe I'll get it in 40 more years.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must not be old enough, because I don't get the "pot stirrer" reference.

Meh, maybe I'll get it in 40 more years.
I know Mercedes from another forum....lol

Tells it straight from the hip and not always what someone may want to hear.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
LOL MIEventer, the term refers to stirring a pot over the stove to get things going - to mix it up. So that a "pot stirrer" is someone who would jump into a conversation to get everyone going.

(I'm almost as old as Spyder)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.