The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really disappointed, I moved my pony out into a stable and its right beside the main indoor gate where all the riders come for lessons and he has obviously been getting fed and yesterday someone fed him while I was there closing his door. They walked up behind me and fed him. I am going to put a sign up and I know putting bars up will do nothing, is there anything else I can put up or do? I know some people ignore signs and feed them anyway but I wanna know if anyone has any other ideas?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Have you spoken to anybody about this? When the people walked up behind you to give him treats did you say anything? Nobody's a mind reader- if its becoming a problem I suggest putting up a sign or discussing it with the BO.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yes, definitely put a sign up.
they should not have to be a mind reader nor should you have to TELL them not to feed your horse. people should know not to feed treats to other people's horses without permission. most people wouldn't feed a dog a treat without asking the owner. why do they think they can feed a horse treats no questions asked?

I would put one with "* WARNING*MEDICAL* DO NOT GIVE TREATS of ANY KIND! "

people tend to respect that more than just a sign reading no treats. as they think it won't hurt giving just one.

sadly I had to do this at a couple barns I was at as I kept discovering candy wrappers in his stall.

people should NOT feed treats or food to your horse except with permission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts