The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, almost a week ago, I noticed my gelding was loosing hair on his legs. It was very sudden - overnight, as far as I can tell. It almost looks as though somebody has shaved a section of hair (they haven't, but that's what it looks and feels like). It isn't bothering him, I can touch it, poke it etc without him caring. I'm just super curious as to what it is/what could have caused it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Is the hair lose spreading, or isolated to that one spot? Maybe he just scraped it off and did not disturb the skin. I like to spritz mysterious areas like that with diluted apple cider vinegar mixed with some tea tree oil, just in case it is fungal or bacterial.

·
Banned
810 Posts
Is he in a lot of mud or is he sweating a lot in that area? Drifter loses hair on his legs like that when he spends all day in his pond in the pasture. Look up threads about vitamin A deficiency. There is a product you can give which will help with that!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
142 Posts
Shapleys Mane Tail and Groom. It is generally in a clear bottle before you shake it up the majority will be clear and the bottom will be yellowish. It smells terrible but works wonders
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.