The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a small lump on the top of my horses ear a month ago and haven’t been able to have a vet out yet, I was checking it just today and noticed that he now has one on the other ear as well in the same spot just a bit smaller and it was not there a week ago. Would love to have some insight as to what it could be, I’m having a vet out soon but just to have some peace of mind. Thank you!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Last winter I was scratching my horses ears in the perimeter and noticed a bump. I scratched the top off and gave it a squeeze and a lot of pimple like good came out. He prob felt some relief from it as he just stood there waiting. Maybe same type of thing. If it’s small and kind of hard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last winter I was scratching my horses ears in the perimeter and noticed a bump. I scratched the top off and gave it a squeeze and a lot of pimple like good came out. He prob felt some relief from it as he just stood there waiting. Maybe same type of thing. If it’s small and kind of hard
It seems like for his it doesn’t have a scab or anything like it’s almost under his skin is that makes sense. But thank you for reaching out!

·
Super Moderator
14,695 Posts
What color is your horse and what color is he where these are located?
His skin color?

Small fatty tumor?
or
Yes, wondering if a fast spreading cancer that targets certain areas?

Have you done pictures and sent them to your vet till a actual appointment can be had?
🐴...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What color is your horse and what color is he where these are located?
His skin color?

Small fatty tumor?
or
Yes, wondering if a fast spreading cancer that targets certain areas?

Have you done pictures and sent them to your vet till a actual appointment can be had?
🐴...
He’s a palomino, his ear, the inside skin is pink and brown. He’s a little ear shy and never lets me really look but I have gotten some pictures and sent them to my vet. But it’s a little hard to tell because you can’t see the lump just feel it.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I had a paint horse with little tumors in his ears, the Vet said Plaque tumors. It was recommended to leave them be and not show clip his ears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts