The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten this message the following few times I've tried to access the Forum from my phone, which I have never gotten before:

I don't use the Mobile version. When it has come up, I get out of the site and then go back in and it's fine. Don't know what it is, but thought I should let you guys know.

·
Administrator
3,289 Posts
Tokens, are logged when you log in and can expire for any number of reasons. Clicking "remember me" helps ensure that the tokens for your login session do not expire at the same rate (if at all), but usually refreshing you log in gets rid of this notification. If not, clear your cache and cookies and attempt to log in.

If you're still having issues, let me know and I can explore this issue further with you.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I'm always on my phone when I come on the forums. Never have had this issue with mobile version or desktop version.

I do keep my cookies an cache cleared out almost daily. Also have the lastest version of Google and Safari on new phone.

Had a lot of issue on here, on old phone but it was my device not the forums.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tokens, are logged when you log in and can expire for any number of reasons. Clicking "remember me" helps ensure that the tokens for your login session do not expire at the same rate (if at all), but usually refreshing you log in gets rid of this notification. If not, clear your cache and cookies and attempt to log in.

If you're still having issues, let me know and I can explore this issue further with you.

-Gerrit
Thanks @Gerrit for the explanation. I had never heard or seen anything about Tokens before; I had no clue what the message was talking about! I am always logged in ("remember me") and have never received that message before. AND after the couple of days, I have not seen it since I posted this thread when I go to the site on my phone.

·
Administrator
3,289 Posts
Yes, typically these won't pop up, but I have a draft open for "too long" I can sometimes see these pop up. This usually pairs if the cached section of the forum is not matching the posted section. Like if you begin to write a response but another member or two load their responses before you finish typing yours, you may get an error message about your token too.

Nothing harmful, just trying to ensure the page you're affecting is the most up to date version of that page. :)

-Gerrit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts