The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically, I knew the basic stretches for a horse, but there were other things that I knew needed stretched and I wasn't sure how to do it and I looked on youtube and found this video. Now before I perform these stretches, I would like to show you this and let me know if these stretches are good or not. Also, before anyone says, I do know how my horse is and I know what and what not to do to her lol...you will see what I mean when you see the girl get directly behind her horse and pull on his tail. Thank you for any comments.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I personally would take that video with a grain of salt. Anyone can post on your tube and shes dosent sound professional.
Ive known people who dont stretch because they are worried about injuring the horse. I dont stretch my horse, I just do a normal warm up. Talk to a message therapist about it if you can find a good one (thats certified.)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
There was a really good thread on here a few weeks ago about new research that shows stretching isn't actually good for horses.

I'm sure it'll be one of the first thread to pop up if you search "stretching".

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok great! Thanks guys...gals lol sorry. Yea I heard that it wasn't good, and that it was good, and back and fourth. So what I just do is mostly lateral flexion. But what stumps me is that when you stretch (either yourself or anything) it releases good chemicals, and all that good stuff (which I should know since I'm in anatomy in college but my mind is drawing a blank at themoment lol)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
But some streatching causes tearing in the muscles, and daily stretching doesn't give the muscle enough time to recover

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you all the way stormyblues! lol I have never stretched my horse everyday, just once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Cool, I don't know how to stretch, so I don't do it, I would be devistated if I did more harm than good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.