The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. my 3 yr old Marwari filly suddenly started pulling her hind leg up towards her belly.while there are no obvious signs of pain or inflammation as I palpate the leg,, its obvious that she is keeping weight off the leg and holding the leg high even as she is standing. It's been 3 days now.When I try to move her the gait is similar to horses with STRINGHALT (based on videos I have seen online). She does not have any trembling and is eating well.Does a horse with stringhalt hold its leg flexed up to the belly while at rest or is the flexion only part of its gait, while walking or trotting. Could a soft tissue injury cause a flexion of this nature.Appreciate any insight as iam very worried.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,705 Posts
Yup.. me too.

A vet and yes today if possible.
This horse is in pain and 100% non-weight bearing in this photo is concerning...
Hello Doc....I have a problem.
:runninghorse2:....

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
None weight bearing is a have vet out now! She needed a vet visit 3 days ago. Call the vet...horse is in pain if not weighting that leg.

·
Registered
49,419 Posts
the hip looks odd. The point of hip looks swollen. And her tail looks tucked down low. Strange look to the whole hind end.

On the side, I think Marwari horses are the coolest, neatest looking horses!

·
Super Moderator
26,877 Posts
Might be a pelvis or stifle injury

1 - 9 of 9 Posts