The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
on HF i think the the majority of people are from the US. i have also noticed that there are a lot of people from the UK and Aus.

my suggestion is seperate sub forums for these regions to share classifieds, horses for sale, shops and general chat that is only relavent to these particular countries (like the laws and holidays are different etc)

how does that sound peeps?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Better way of explaining it:
share classifieds, horse for sale, tack for sale
show dates and venues
shop to go to
hire of trailers etc
loan horses, horse swap/ share...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think that would be a great idea for like the classifieds sections, show sections etc. I always see a horse I like for sale on here, and it'll be in another country. And it'll make show advertising on here a lot easier. Perhaps even increase more members because the forum will be more specific?

·
Registered
753 Posts
i like this idea!
can we stretch it to Ireland too by any chance? If it does happen like:p

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Or maybe just have a sub forum in the horses for sale for "non us" that way we are not getting too specific.

I think anything other than that and maybe a separate events section will divide up the forum too much. I enjoy learning how things are done in countries other than the u.s. I like learning husbandry methods, showing styles, and training techniques specific to each country.

It would be a shame to segregate the forum any further than classifieds(though I do agree that that courtesy would be nice for out of u.s. and u.s. residents alike)

Just my 2 cents worth.(or slightly more, I'm generous hehe)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I agree with Honey; no need to segregate everything. :D Maybe just sale ads.

Us Americans need some outside help sometimes!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like this idea!
can we stretch it to Ireland too by any chance? If it does happen like:p
yeah i was thinking maybe Europe... :)

yeah i thought this was a good idea just for classifieds and if someone want to know where to get something locally, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think it's a good idea, maybe just a general chat board or boards for UK and other areas? It doesn't have to be a very busy, I think we'd use the main forums most of the time, but would be good to pop in, say hello & meet people from the same area.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
No need for segregation. There are just as many Aussie, Canadian, and UK members as there are American members.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I definately think that classfied sections that are segregated by country would be helpful, because I spend so much time going through the classifieds only to see that it is in the US or whatever. It would be helpful to just search through Aussie classifieds.

I'm not sure if we need anything other than that.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Tiff, there might be the same amount of registered Aussies, UK's etc, but not all of them are active. This forum is about 70% US, 20% European and 10% Aussie. It would really help in the classfieds to have an Aussie and Europe section.

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi guys,

We've added AU, CAN, UK, and US Tack subforums to the Tack and Equipment Classifieds forum. We hope this makes it easier to buy and sell tack and equipment in your geographic area.

Mike :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts