The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone I need some help!

I have a few jobs I do around the house and stuff but its just not that fun so I came up with like an idea of mabie starting my own small business! But I don't know what to sell!!! I want it to be something interesting,horsey and also want people to buy it and use it! I really need your help so please write suggestions!

·
Registered
48,804 Posts
Work at home , if it is paid, is the fastest way to get reliable money.

if you want to make something to sell, try perhaps horsehair bracelets, Christmas ornaments.
Would you mind not titling a thread with such a title like "Help!" for something that is NOT an emergency.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm thinking if you have equipment and expertise in areas you do enjoy then it's not work. You're making money doing something you like.
Are you able to paint, solder, fabricate, ceramics, carve wood, build, etc?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I would first say, research the need. If it must be horse related, look around and see what folks are asking help finding.

I don't know your area , or what kinda room you have. Maybe look at honey. There may be a need with local farmers for the bees. You get the honey, and the wax is just as valuable, if not more. Maybe with all three, you could do ok.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would first say, research the need. If it must be horse related, look around and see what folks are asking help finding.

I don't know your area , or what kinda room you have. Maybe look at honey. There may be a need with local farmers for the bees. You get the honey, and the wax is just as valuable, if not more. Maybe with all three, you could do ok.
The problem with that is that bees are an investment. You can spend five hundred plus dollars on hives. Then you have the chance of them swarming (flying away to new hive), predators, and the cold. Bees are a lot of work but if you're dedicated, go ahead. :)

Reactions: AJ Yammie

·
Registered
611 Posts
Could you make rope halters? They are fairly simple and can sell easily. Maybe as suggested above do horse hair trinkets. My old coach used to make key chains and sold them for 15 bucks

·
Registered
611 Posts

I have bees and it is quite expensive and time consuming plus you don’t get profit for quite a while. Plus if you get AFB you have to burn your hive. Manuka honey can fetch a lot of money but you have to be in the right location for it.

·
Super Moderator
11,646 Posts
A market garden, gourmet mushrooms. Even bees. There are all kinds of things that one could do. But wait, that takes time away from horses and this forum. Give me something that I don't really have to work at, is quick, easy and ensures I'll be rolling in the dough. Hey, that's another - treats. Easy enough. Take over mom's kitchen and raid the pantry.

First world problems and title them like you're in the middle of an emergency. What happened to reading the "Boy That Cried Wolf". Actually what happened to doing your school work and focusing on those things that will get you that career that will pay for your wants?

Any business endeavor takes some kind of investment. All of it takes time. No matter what you choose you are NOT guaranteed success.

So many are focused on having a horse I want to know if you're planning on riding that horse to college or work? Who's making the purchase of a vehicle? You? Oh, wait. No, you're so focused on "I want" that "I need" is left in the dust. While you're busy trying to finagle buying luxuries your parents are wondering how they're going to afford further education or providing a way for you to get to a job that will.

·
Super Moderator
26,558 Posts
MODERATOR NOTE:

This is a friendly reminder to review the rules of behavior for the forum, specifically Rules 5 and 6.

5- Please do not use excessive Net-Speak.
Please spell out your words. For example: Say "Your" instead of "ur", and say "to" instead of "2" etc. Keep in mind, that not all members of this forum speak English as a first language, it is already hard enough for them to translate our slang terms but the net-speak makes it a lot harder for them, since there is no way to translate it. Furthermore, do not type in all caps, or in alternating caps, or use excessive exclamation points or question marks. (Example. DON'T TYPE LIKE THIS oR LiKe ThIs!!!!!111!!!!!????///)
Helpful Hint - Members will find your posts a lot easier to read and understand if you use correct paragraphs and punctuation.

6- Please title your threads properly.
When posting a thread in which you need help, don't title the thread "Help". Title the thread something more appropriate that pertains to what you need help with. This way you are more likely to get a response, and other users that have the same question or problem may not repost the topic since there was already a discussion on it.
If your thread isn't getting as much attention as you'd hoped for please do not start another identical thread with a new title and/or in a new part of the forum. Please use the Report 'button' to ask a member of the Moderating Team to move the thread to another part of the forum.
Helpful Hints -
When asking for advice please try to give as much information as you can about your experience level, your horse, your situation and your location. It will help members to give you the information that you need without needing to ask multiple questions or make assumptions

Provided for your convenience is a link to the entire list of rules:
HorseForum Rules

Thank you and carry on.

MODERATOR NOTE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts