Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am the president of the Equine Club at my high school. I need help in suggestions of things to do with my club member that will keep them interested. My VP and I have come up with many things like Going to the horse Expo in April, Trail Ride and having people come in and talk about their disciplines but after that we are lost. It you could give me some suggestions that would be amazing:D. Note to remember that them members vary from those with horses and ride multiple times a week, to those without horses and who take lessons once a week, to those who have never been on a horse but just love them so much.
Thanks for your suggestions!!

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
What about asking some professionals give talks or demos other than riding?

Vet
Farrier
Nutritionist
Chiropractor
Massage therapy

You could also have everyone in the club write down one or more things they would most like to learn more about and then have demos or talks on that.

Everyone watch a dvd by a certain trainer then discuss the good, bad and the ugly of what you saw.

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
Oh, you could study different breeds too and what is special about them.

Color genetics

Find rescues and therapy riding places near you and volunteer to spend a day helping.

·
Registered
427 Posts
peer teaching sessions could also be helpful and instill teamwork in the club. Pair most experienced with the least and so forth, then have the newbie demonstrate what they have learned to the group.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Horse ball!!! You can find matches on Youtube. Seriously fun stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have a everyone in your group research a different profession in the equine industry such as: groom, jockey, trainer, vet, stable manager, etc.

Research into what it takes to run a Stable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.