The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meant to do this Right as I went back to school! Oh, well... a couple weeks later is better than never, right?
I present to you, my pictures from the Summer 2011

The first set is from a ride I took up to the ridge overlooking the Yakima River.
June 12th

More to come.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the HUGE pictures! I will try to fix this before I post the others

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Size Testing

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A day hike on the Teanaway Ridge/ Iron Bear Trail, in Cle Elum, Washington.
June 27th

(my sister, Bailee, and my Mom)

my dad

More coming :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another day hike, this time to Sourdough Gap, right outside the gates to Mt Rainier NTL park
July 2nd

(Me, EEKS!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our Last trip was four-day trip to Enchantment Lakes. The trail-head is right past Leavensworth, WA. We started at trail #1553. It's about 10 miles, and 6000ft elevation gain to our "base" camp. From there were did day hikes to some of the upper Lakes.
This was HARD! My parents somewhat compared it to climbing Mt Adams, lol, but I'm not sure how accurate their description is.... Not to mention that we were scarily out of shape!
August 8th-12th

(My grandpa)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

(Me, My Mom, and My Grandpa)

(sister)

We ended up coming home to a fire in the LT Murray.... Kind of scary!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Oh man I'm jealous!! I wanted to get up to Leavenworth so bad but never got a chance this summer.. gorgeous pictures. Wasn't that fire on the LT scary? We were worried we might need to evacuate the horses at the ranch.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, Leavenworth is awesome! :) That fire was very scary, I couldn't even imagine being in your guys' position! It would be utter chaos trying to get all the horses to a safe place.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yeah I have no idea what she would do.. probably haul out the older ones and studs and let the other ones out in the big pasture to fend for themselves and hope the fire got under control!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That does seem like the most reasonable thing to do, and her fields are so green that I don't think the horses would be at much risk. That hay barn would probably scare me the most though, the way that it faces right to the LT seems like it could easily catch a spark or ember.

·
Super Moderator
22,669 Posts
What AWESOME landscapes! I'd love to visit there.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really is BEAUTIFUL country! Our state has such a diverse landscape that makes it all the more enjoyable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.