The Horse Forum banner

Sunset photos

484 Views 25 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  stevenson
It’s been cloudy and gray for a good long while over here. Today the sun broke through, and we had a nice blue sky with a few lingering clouds.

Here’s a hazy sunset looking southwest from our place. If I have my geography right, these are the folds and folds of ridges where the Cordillera and Carabalo Sur mountain ranges meet.
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant community Ecoregion

Sunset over the horse corral at the top of the world.
Sky Plant Cloud Natural landscape Branch

And, the crescent moon, Venus, and Saturn are gathered together tonight. We could see the faint Saturn, but my phone camera won’t pick it up. I’m surprised it got the moon as well as it did.
Sky Atmosphere World Nature Sunlight
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
My black horse is very silly and handsome. He is hard to train most of the time.
770 Posts
Very nice photos @Cordillera Cowboy!!
Sunrise this morning ( 3 hours ago)
I just love sunrises and early mornings!! They are so fresh and beautiful. I love your moon picture!
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Ecoregion Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Afterglow Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Afterglow

· Registered
8,061 Posts
OK I will post one of mine. I can never get a good picture of a sunrise or sunset like you guys did. But what I liked about this picture was the way the setting sun lit up Rowan with red highlights. And his long mane! I had to work to pose him for this shot, so I'm glad it came out OK.

Attachments

· Registered
1,361 Posts
Those pictures are gorgeous, as well as the ones the others posted!

I’m not the best picture taker, especially because I don’t have no fancy camera.. but here are mine

sunrise, with steam coming off one of the ponds.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Branch

over looking one of the farms, recent
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Over looking one of my farms again.. In one of the cow pastures
Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Tree

· Premium Member
2,863 Posts
The cloud is so neat. Those wind mills remind me of the ones in Tehachapi CA.
@stevenson - you have a great eye! Those windmills ARE in Tehachapi (at Sand Canyon). :D That's where I live. 😊 The only one of those pix NOT in Tehachapi is the 2nd to the last one ... that is going north on the 395, just about to hit Kramer Junction/the 58.

· Premium Member
2,863 Posts
OK I will post one of mine. I can never get a good picture of a sunrise or sunset like you guys did. But what I liked about this picture was the way the setting sun lit up Rowan with red highlights. And his long mane! I had to work to pose him for this shot, so I'm glad it came out OK.
I love it with the highlights in the mane AND tail! Looks like he was whipping around to see the beautiful sunset. Well done!

Here's one of my favorite Horse & Sunset pic ... I like that you can see Pi's eyelash!

· Registered
3,993 Posts
I have to laugh at myself, I was enjoying all these very beautiful sun rises and sunsets and the one I posted, I took the picture because of the so very red colours.
Then I went to the Optometrist and found out I have a cataract coming in my right eye and it enhances all the reds and golds way more than they really are which leads to colourful sunsets that nobody else can see as I do.😄
Now when I go shopping for clothes I remind myself to close the right eye to get the true colour of what I am looking at.
when I look at all these great pictures I look with both eyes then just the left to see what everyone else sees.

· Registered
1 TB mare & 1 Arab x Stock Horse, both alpha mares (what fun :) ). Dolly's sweet & Aya's sour.
537 Posts
I have to laugh at myself, I was enjoying all these very beautiful sun rises and sunsets and the one I posted, I took the picture because of the so very red colours.
Then I went to the Optometrist and found out I have a cataract coming in my right eye and it enhances all the reds and golds way more than they really are which leads to colourful sunsets that nobody else can see as I do.😄
Now when I go shopping for clothes I remind myself to close the right eye to get the true colour of what I am looking at.
when I look at all these great pictures I look with both eyes then just the left to see what everyone else sees.
Your photo isn't exactly red, but it is extremely bright colours anyway!

· Registered
My black horse is very silly and handsome. He is hard to train most of the time.
770 Posts
Here are some sunset pictures that I took last night with the old moon or new moon I am not sure. Well whatever it is still a sliver of a moon.
Sky Atmosphere Vertebrate Natural landscape Branch

Sky Atmosphere Vertebrate Ecoregion Nature

Do ya'll like portrait or lanscape picture better?? I can't decide.
Moon Crescent Sky Grey Astronomical object

Brown Moon Crescent Grey Font

Here I got a picture of the sliver and the rest of the moon but it is hard to see ^^^^
Below is a pic I got of Castillo in the sunset a couple of days ago.
Horse Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

Horse Atmosphere Sky Plant Natural landscape

It is hard to get sunset pictures, last night and this pictures of Castillo time, I looked up and I thought " I should get some sunset pictures!!" but I look up too late and there is not enough light :( 🙃

· Registered
173 Posts
@ younghorsetrainer: Nighttime pix are tough. Even when I use our DSLR, by the time I fuss with settings and such, I tend to loose 'the moment'.

I think your pix are still great. I personally like landscape mode for a scene vs portrait for an object. A lot of time I just go with landscape and crop if I need to.

· Registered
770 Posts
@ younghorsetrainer: Nighttime pix are tough. Even when I use our DSLR, by the time I fuss with settings and such, I tend to loose 'the moment'.

I think your pix are still great. I personally like landscape mode for a scene vs portrait for an object. A lot of time I just go with landscape and crop if I need to.
@Horse & Dog Mom thank you! I like landscape better for a lot of subjects but sometimes a landscape picture makes it all better. Just in some cases though.

· Registered
770 Posts
And just a little tip if you want to put the OP's name like this: @Horse & Dog Mom instead of like this: @ Horse & Dog Mom, you type in the @, then before putting in a space you write the first couple of letters or so and HF will come up with suggestions of names. That way if you want the op to have an alert that someone mentioned them, it will pop up. If you put the space there the op won't get an alert especially if they don't revisit the thread because they didn't get an alert. Hope that that wasn't to complicated for you!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts