The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy! so here I was whinning and complaining about the hardware in my arm and being sore because of the lovely Canadian winters we have here so I called my surgeon's office to make an appt to see him. As it turned out the soonest they could book me just to see him was Feb 03! no way I was going to wait that long for a form :?

Emailed the surgeon at home, he emailed me back and told me to come in the next day to see him, I did and he booked me in that following week which is Wednesday the 30th-AWESOME!

Then I call my hip surgeon to see when they can put me in and they book me in right away for January 27th. Again, AWESOME!

Been extremely blessed this holiday season. Had an amazing opportunity to find myself a wonderful horse, get to know some really good friends and had an incredible Christmas Day with all my family.

Definitely counting my blessings.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Aww im glad that you managed to get things sorted so quickly..
Congrats on finding yourself a new horse though, glad you had such a good xmas :)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
So glad to hear things have worked out. Its best to get all the bad stuff behind you in the old year. That way you can start off the new one all fresh with new scars! Ha just kidding :lol: Hope all goes well, I'll think good thoughts for you on the 30th. :D

ETA- I hate to ask, maybe I missed it elsewhere. Any special gifts from the boyfriend?

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
WooHoo. Good luck and I hope the surgery goes well. Those broken bones are always a pain. So glad that you are able to get in so soon :D. My thoughts and good wishes will be with you.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So glad to hear things have worked out. Its best to get all the bad stuff behind you in the old year. That way you can start off the new one all fresh with new scars! Ha just kidding :lol: Hope all goes well, I'll think good thoughts for you on the 30th. :D

ETA- I hate to ask, maybe I missed it elsewhere. Any special gifts from the boyfriend?
hahahaha Maureen, you're killing me. Will definitely be started the new year with some new scars :lol: and a cast to go with it.

And NO, the silly man hasn't given me a special gift. I just found out he was going to do it during a trip to Disneyland in the spring. He told me because we just found out that we aren't going to be able to go with his and my new job :D I will definitely start up a new thread when it happens tho :twisted:

Thanks again for the kind comments guys. You're all wonderful :D

·
Super Moderator
22,658 Posts
Good luck with the surgery! Nice to hear things are working out :D.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So off I go. I will be on here better part of my day, as I am at work but going in for surgery in the morning. Won't be back for a while as I'm don't think I'll be attempting one handed posts. That or they will be VERY short, one handed responses.

Thanks for all the messages. You guys are a wonderful group.

Stay safe over the New Year Holidays and all have some fun!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking you good thoughts for a safe, successful surgery and a safe, quick recovery. =)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Hurry back to us! Take your medicine, do your therapy and don't flirt with the doctors.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Good luck tomorrow Kelly, hope all goes as planned!

I had the weirdest dream last night! I dreamt that I had my knee surgery, but they operated on the wrong knee!! Gah! Definitely going to ask to be "labeled" lol

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good luck tomorrow Kelly, hope all goes as planned!

I had the weirdest dream last night! I dreamt that I had my knee surgery, but they operated on the wrong knee!! Gah! Definitely going to ask to be "labeled" lol
ITS NOT FUNNY ALLIE. Believe me they do come label it when they see you in the morning :lol:

One of my brother's friends had the wrong lung removed :shock: after he was diagnosed with a really severe case of Lung Cancer.

Don't worry about it Allie, they will come label your knee :lol:. I like to draw some stuff on that arm with an arrow to be funny anyways.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
when i got surgery on my arm they labled it & it wouldnt wash off forever ! i still have white spots on my skin from scrubing it so hard where the initials were [this happened in early sept btw]

good luck !

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
ITS NOT FUNNY ALLIE. Believe me they do come label it when they see you in the morning :lol:

One of my brother's friends had the wrong lung removed :shock: after he was diagnosed with a really severe case of Lung Cancer.

Don't worry about it Allie, they will come label your knee :lol:. I like to draw some stuff on that arm with an arrow to be funny anyways.
What, seriously??!?! Oh my God, that would be awful!!
Erm.... perhaps a Sharpie or two will be accompanying me into the waiting room.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you :). I hope you have a super speedy recovery

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
I hope, the surgery is a success and you have a speedy and amazing recoverary. I'll be praying for you.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.