The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever buy tack you don't need, but its on sale and really nice?
Like "oh my gosh that bridle is amazing and on sale!"
next thing you know you have already bought it!
Does anybody do that?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
No... I'm too poor to do that! I buy exactly what I need, no more. I only have one lead rope to share between two horses. One saddle, pad, and bridle. I do have two bits though! And two bridles! hehehe

I certainly window shop. I add things to my online shopping carts on a bunch of different sites until I get too much, then I dump it all and come back to start again later! :lol:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I am always window shopping and adding things to my wish list too!! SOME STUFF I CAN ONLY DREAM OF BUYING!
I just noticed I said I had one bridle... Then I said I had two! I meant I had two halters, not bridles. heh.

I've got a few rope halters in my cart right now, and a Myler bit, and another rope, and some saddle pads, and some stuff that cleans up white horses, a bucket, some treats, a bridle I like, a thinning comb, some reins, denim breeches... The list goes on! :lol:

·
Banned
1,358 Posts
Yes...that's how I ended up with a beautiful bling bridle :) It was clearanced so many times I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Depends on what it is. If it's something I would never need or wouldn't feel like selling, then no. If it's something cool that I may use for a killer price, then maybe. If I can afford it. I do always peruse the sale sections of places like Dover and State line. Never know what you'll find :wink:

Smartpak was having a sale on leather girths ($120 girth for like $25), and I considered buying two. One because my 48" girth is a teensy bit short for my liking, and one because I have English girth converters on my Australian saddle, so it needs a pony sized girth. I had to struggle to not buy them, but I could easily justify spending that $50 elsewhere...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Hello, my name is Sarah and I'm a recovering halter and lead *****. Well, not completely recovered. There is something about a CLEAN, SOFT, NON STIFF, NEW halter and lead that just entices me so. Yet I never, and I mean NEVER, use them except for maybe a picture op after a bath when my horse is stunningly clean for five minutes.

I'm a true addict.

Oh, ****, I forgot about saddle pads and blankets. But those are more money and, I usually talk myself out of those. Saying to myself, "think how many haters and leads you could buy for the cost of that saddle pad/blanket!"

Ah, Equine Affaire is a bad, bad place for me to go to. Tehehehe, but I'm going in April!

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I am guilty of this, especially if it was something I was eyeballing before xD

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Yep! There is usually *something* on my receipt which wasn't on my original shopping list. I have plenty of just-in-case-I-need-or-want-them items in storage because I couldn't pass on the clearance price, lol - spare halters, leg wraps, hoof picks, etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just yesterday I bought 10 harness leather browband headstalls for 1$ a piece. With shipping the total was 21 dollars!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.