Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about tail growth.
Sonya's tail has not been growing for about 2 months. She is almost 10 months preggers, so would that have anything to do with it? I have cut the dead hair off the ends to try and help the new hair grow.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I personally think it would be hard to tell how much a tail grew over such a short time period and over winter. That said when my mare was pregnant her tail happened to grow alot more. I cut 10" off a couple of times to keep it from dragging the ground.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
MTG does work great... (and it smells so good... reminds me of bacon and makes me hungry every time I use it... lol)

3-in-1 Machine Oil works well, too (and it smells good, too... or maybe I'm just weird and like strange smells)

Other than that, I feel yor pain! My mare's tail doesn't hardly grow much at all (even iwth MTG and Machine Oil... it just gets thicker and thicker...... it gets a certain length and brooms out... Lol, but I've learned to love it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks guys. I got some mtg and put it on tonight. We will see how it turns out. I also loosley braided the end of her to stop the ends from breaking off.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
130 Posts
10% sulphur gel on once a week works just a little better than mtg. But i still love mtg (it works best if you apply a little everyday.) Good luck!!! i am still growing out my arabs tail. he ripped it all out in a fience!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks everyone! I think it has grown about half an inch since I put it on!

Before I bought her she had a really nice, thick long tail, but the people didnt take care of her, so the WHOLE thing was covered in burrs, so I pulled probably over half of it out trying to get the burrs out... not nice..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.