The Horse Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Nasty people are everywhere. I went to some law forums in past.... It's just OMG! (and trolls are not even banned on most of those)
Well I guess you would have to be brave to ban a lawyer from anything, you would just be begging for some ridiculous discrimination lawsuit no doubt!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Well I guess you would have to be brave to ban a lawyer from anything, you would just be begging for some ridiculous discrimination lawsuit no doubt!
:D The problem is 99.99% people there are not lawyers, and the remaining .01% claim they are lawyers but I highly doubt it. Most come and ask questions and people answer from own experience or knowledge. Unfortunately too often the wrong answer on law forum can break someone's life (and I've seen that happened there). Very sad in fact. I'd say it's true on any forum (including this one), but in some situations it's just not very smart (if I put it politely) to ask advices on forum (instead of paying $$ and asking professional). Well... I'm ranting now I guess... :wink:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Very sad in fact. I'd say it's true on any forum (including this one), but in some situations it's just not very smart (if I put it politely) to ask advices on forum (instead of paying $$ and asking professional). Well... I'm ranting now I guess... :wink:
Huh? What do you mean? You can't learn how to break in a horse purely from forum advice??? Or completely re-train a horse with behavioural issues when it is your first experience in the equine world, simply by starting a thread? You crazy. :twisted:

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Pshaw, kitten! Why call the vet for a wound that's spurting blood and you can see bone? The people on here are always all sorts of helpful about situations like that, so why waste money on doing something silly like calling the vet? :wink:

Of course you can train a horse by lurve, internet advice, and osmosis! Those of you who need an actual trainer are just thickheaded lunks who don't understand the magickal bond between a horse and its person!

Piffle on learning to ride with an instructor, too. REAL riders don't need no dang instructor. Just because their horses are hollow backed, avoiding the bit, and have no brakes or steering doesn't mean anything! Just a little more lurve and Vulcan mind melding, and everything will be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows!

Anybody who doesn't believe that is just a meanie doody poopy head who can't possibly love their animals!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
SR, I feel sad for you. Obviously you haven't watched the Black Stallion! That fiery stallion and boy didn't need no trainer or instructor! They just needed to be abandoned on an island! That's all anyone needs.

When's the next ferry to an abandoned island? :p

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Of course you can train a horse by lurve, internet advice, and osmosis! Those of you who need an actual trainer are just thickheaded lunks who don't understand the magickal bond between a horse and its person!

Piffle on learning to ride with an instructor, too. REAL riders don't need no dang instructor. Just because their horses are hollow backed, avoiding the bit, and have no brakes or steering doesn't mean anything! Just a little more lurve and Vulcan mind melding, and everything will be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows!

Anybody who doesn't believe that is just a meanie doody poopy head who can't possibly love their animals!
Well this notion seems to have amassed a fortune for Parelli, and He is all knowing and powerful.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
They do not put a disclaimer in like I do?
Of course not (most of them)! And that's drove me crazy, because sometime the advice given was incorrect, you gave official reference, and the person still pretended he/she can't read. Sigh.... Again, I have no problems with stupid advices or even trolling, often it's very funny in fact, but when 2 months later the OP comes back to the forum screaming he/she's in BIG troubles, what can you say...... :think:

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I admit it, I never even thought that such a thing as a 'legal' forum existed.

To me the whole idea sounds nothing short of dangerous.

If you want real legal advice for a real situation you have to contact a real person who is in the legal field and get the scoop from them.

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Kitten, if they were too stupid and cheap to hire an actual attorney as opposed to listening to a bunch of random people on the the interwebz, then I don't really feel sorry for them.

Stupid should hurt. Financially, emotionally, and physically. If it did, maybe more people would actually try and educate themselves instead of expecting a quick, easy, free fix. :?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
:rofl:, Sarah & SR! I'm dumb, I can't always rely on just internet advice - it just doesn't always work for my horse! :mrgreen:

I must add though many advices and recommendations I got here were very helpful.

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Yeah, but you were smart enough to know what to keep and what to dismiss as just someone talking out of their ***. :wink:

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Yeah, but you were smart enough to know what to keep and what to dismiss as just someone talking out of their ***. :wink:
With the shame I must admit not always. :oops: But I'm learning. :D

That's where the problem is IMHO. When you are almost a total beginner it's really hard to separate the good advice from ..well.. not so good. Like if I'd ask about barrel racing now I probably wouldn't be able to distinguish (unless it's something too obvious), as I have no clue at all in that discipline beside I know there are 3 barrels and horse should run/turn fast). And sometime even "in person" trainers are not so much of help for your particular situation and horse.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
That's where the problem is IMHO. When you are almost a total beginner it's really hard to separate the good advice from ..well.. not so good.
Which is why it gets so frustrating when you are trying to rebut some bad advice and you get told you are not being nice and should not be posting.

How dare you tell someone what they are doing or what they are suggesting is not right.

:roll:

I think it is important to add things like that to threads so a beginner realizes what happened there, or what advice is given there is not really what is best.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Which is why it gets so frustrating when you are trying to rebut some bad advice and you get told you are not being nice and should not be posting.

How dare you tell someone what they are doing or what they are suggesting is not right.

:roll:

I think it is important to add things like that to threads so a beginner realizes what happened there, or what advice is given there is not really what is best.
I think there is absolutely nothing wrong (and in fact beneficial) with correcting an obviously wrong advice. As long as it's done politely and the reasoning (why it's incorrect) is added as well. :wink:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I think there is absolutely nothing wrong (and in fact beneficial) with correcting an obviously wrong advice. As long as it's done politely and the reasoning (why it's incorrect) is added as well. :wink:
Most of the time I try to be polite. Every now and then.... on issues that really irk me.... or when people say really moronic things.... my fingers just run away with the keyboard and I look back later at what I have written and think "wow, I really could have worded THAT differently!"

Fortunately my brain prevails, usually. :twisted:

141 - 156 of 156 Posts