The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These bets are for bragging rights only.

My mini mare, Galaxy - Solid Black - is in foal to a splash white sorrel overo with blue eyes. According to ColorCalculator - and me having no knowledge of their genetic potency on either side - the possibilities are:

Black Splash White
Bay Splash White
Sorrel Splash White
Black
Bay
Sorrel

All are at 16%, or close to that. It's been a while since I've done it.

None of his foals have had color, but all have had blue eyes. Galaxy's foal that we currently have, Rizer, is a solid bay/dun - but his sire was also solid bay/dun. I say bay/dun because it's too close to call and we haven't had him tested.

Let's take bets on what she tosses, and include a gender 8D

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
i don't know why but i keep going back to bay splash white so thats what my bet will be for!! and i am pulling for a colt!

do you know when she is due? hopefully sonn because i am gonna be anxious to see this baby! lol

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Galaxy is due May 21st. Mini people have a tendency to wait later in the year to breed, and with all of these babies dropping everywhere else it's KILLING ME!!!!

She's huge too... Looks like a coffee table disguised as a mini-friesian. She is hairy n__n I'll get pics of her soon!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Awww, she sounds darling! I can't wait to see a picture. Heh heh, mini people are the smart ones who don't want to camp out in the ice and snow :p I would love to have my mare not due until May. I hate slogging through the snow to the barn a million times a night to check her.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I'll go with a solid sorrel filly with blue eyes!

When I worked for the carnival, we had a Shetland/Welsh pony mare named Cocoa who was solid bay with blue eyes. It took every ounce to convince myself I really didn't need a 10hh pony at home :lol: She also gave birth to a solid bay filly with blue eyes - barely a trace of white on either of them except for a small star on both the mare and filly (no white on legs). They were identical twins.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
^^ that is so cool!
and my bet is somthing with blue eyes(lol), but im thinking a bay filly with blue eyes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
my guess is Bay Splash White this color just keeps jumping out at me lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.