The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I’d love to know what more experienced people think of my new mare, she’s still abit fat and unfit but that will change! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I have no critique. She's gorgeous.

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou! I was told by someone that she looks like a cow... I don’t see any cow likeness so I thought maybe I’m just blind or maybe I’m missing something😂

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
Well, she doesn't look like any cow I have ever seen!

I think she could have a better shoulder in her and she is a bit short in the backend so it is a bit steep.

What I do think I notice is that she has had a blown tendon at one point on her near fore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply! I had her vetted before I got her, my vet just happened to be her regular vet and I asked about previous illnesses and injuries, he said none, she is still quite young, nearly 5 and he said he’s only ever seen her for vacs, how do you see the blown tendon? I’m going to call my vet in the morning to enquire about that for sure!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for your reply! I had her vetted before I got her, my vet just happened to be her regular vet and I asked about previous illnesses and injuries, he said none, she is still quite young, nearly 5 and he said he’s only ever seen her for vacs, how do you see the blown tendon? I’m going to call my vet in the morning to enquire about that for sure!
In the first pic, on her left front from the back of the knee down to her fetlock appears to be bowed. It should be straight with no bulge. However...pics can be deceiving and it could just be hair. Run your fingers down her tendon and compare to the other side. Make sure it is bowed before putting in a call to your vet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes from South Africa, well to call my vet he won’t charge me just for information, to call him out to view her he’ll charge, thanks I’ll double check though!

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
Looking at her firs time picture I thought she was a bit rounded over the fetlock joint, I enlarged the area and, to me it looks like the deep flexor tendon is thicker at the lower end where it joins the fetlock.

Cannot see the right fore to do the same with.

Hope I am wrong!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I felt them though and they both feel the same, like smooth all the way down, couldn’t feel any heat or bumps or swelling and she’s not sensitive there, I just got carried away with playing with her and forgot to take more photos today!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.