The Horse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was at Spruce Capital Feeds the other day, and I saw the best pair of boots, so I was wondering what kind of shoes you have?
The ones I found are brown leather, with a pink camo upper leather balance. PLUS, best part, the inside is lined, so they are insulated! I mean what could be better than Ariat, insulated, pink-camo, cowboy boots! I am totally asking for them for Christmas this year!
I own a pair of Ariat cowboy boots, they are amazing! I have only had them for a year, but they look a lot older! They are very well used. LOL. The base is light brown leather. And the upper leather balance is also brow, but it has turquoise stitching on it.
Now, I also own a pair of roper that I got at Lammles. I love my ropers! I have not got to ride in them yet, which sucks! But... I still get to look at them! They are completely brown, with black laces. I go them in Edmonton this spring. They are also Ariat's
I know, all my boots are Ariat's, we have a pretty small town, so there is only one good boot store, and they only carry mostly Ariat's.

Now, mine are a lot more used. But this is what they looked like when I first bough them!

Ah-mazing right?!?! These are the ones I found, and I need them! LOL!

These are my ropers. Sorry the pic is blurry.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have two pairs of Ariats. One is the women's heritage stockman (they don't make them anymore) and the other is the women's round up with the sqare toe. I got the latter for $30 brand new because they had been gifted to someone and didn't fit. I'm still breaking them in. My heritage stockman boots are precious to me. They make a great work/riding boot and look nice enough for a rodeo, but not quite nice enough for a harvest festival. I'm generally not a fan of the bulkier boots but I wouldn't mind a pair of the ones you pictured. they look comfortable with plenty of room for extra socks during cold weather.

I'm also in FL so insulation isn't usually an issue for me. I just wear wool socks on cold days and dismount very slowly. My barn boots are just rubber ones with a fancy insole I bought separately.

Ariats are my favorite boots though. That's why I jumped at the chance to get that pair for $30. I shouldn't be spending money willy-nilly but they're Ariats.

·
Super Moderator
26,877 Posts
I can't wear Ariat. They hurt my feet. Even the fat baby's are too narrow. I wear Justin Gypsy's and Corrals. I love my Justins. I think they are more comfortable than tennis shoes... and when I wear a thick sock they are so warm.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
I wear Ariat Terrains because I can get them in wide if I look hard enough. You can walk or hike in them just as easily as riding. I wear them with half chaps because I have an english saddle.

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ariats are my favorite boots though. That's why I jumped at the chance to get that pair for $30. I shouldn't be spending money willy-nilly but they're Ariats.
Totally agree! Love Ariat's!

·
Super Moderator
12,677 Posts
I have the Ariat lace up ropes in black and a pair in brown. Black was bought for my son who has a very narrow foot for a boy. He outgrew them do now mine. He wore them every ride and would polish up for shows. The browns are ancient and well cared for. Still plenty years of life in both pair.

He went to Justin lace ups but had trouble getting half chaps over them so bought a men's pair of Ariat dress lace ups. He says they are just as narrow as the womens and ok to ride but not work in so show only.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Ariat paddock boots. I guess my feet have something of an odd shape, and I have trouble finding shoes that fit. But my Ariat paddock boots fit right out of the box. I doubt I could go on a hike in them, but I've worn them for hours at a time while doing barn chores, and they have always been comfortable. I got the kind that are essentially waterproof on the bottom, so you can just hose them off. If Ariat keeps making them, I'll keep buying them.

They've held up for 2.5 years so far with very minimal maintenance (I think I treated the leather on them maybe twice). My daughter's, I will say, were destroyed after a year. I guess she is harder on her shoes than I am.

Reactions: AbbySmith

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ACinATX That is awesome that you found the right shoes! I usually have problems with shoes, because my size is all over the place depending on the style, brand, or even colour! I once tried on a pair of the exact same boots, one was brown, the other was black. The brown ones fit, but the black ones didn't! Same size, same style, same brand, same everything! Weird!
With the Ariat's though, I am consistently a 9B. I love my boots!
I have only had my one pair for just over a year, but they definitely look a lot older! I use them a lot! I have taken relatively good care for them. When I first got them, they were my first pair ever, so I had no idea what I was doing. But a couple months later, I started doing some research, and I now regularly soap them with saddle soap. The only thing it does, is keep the moisture out of them, and keeps them shiny. Before I knew to soap them, they got really dry, and are now cracked. It is very sad. I still love them though, and as long as they keep working, I will keep wearing them!
I have vowed to take much better care for my next shoes, so they last longer, and look better for more of their life.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Men's Ariats with a square toe. All of the different women's boots I've tried are way too narrow for me. I wear mine 6 days a week for 12+ hours a day. Most comfortable boots I've ever had. Usually last 3-4 years before they need replacing. I'm very hard on them.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Speaking of shoes, boots, clothes in general...why are women's clothes more expensive than mens!?! My wife I've pointed out, I think she wears a girls 9 and a boys 6 tennis shoe. Doesn't seem fair.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Wow, a lot of y'all like Ariat! I haven't had any luck with them plus finding ones that don't have a rubber sole.

Right now my favorite boots to ride in are made by Resistol. I had them resoled last spring at the local tack shop. The guy is pretty picky, if they aren't decent boots he won't resole and he doesn't do half soles. He did mine and even though they were made in Mexico. I bought them off a sale rack in TX years ago for $100? never expected them to be a great riding boot or last as long as they did. I have had people try to buy them from me.

I have some Anderson Beans with tall pink stove pipe tops I bought at the NCHA Futurity years ago but I fell out of love with them. So if anyone wears a 9B let me know, I'll sell them...lol

I really like Rios of Mercedes. I borrowed a pair of elephant hide ones from my boss's client
to lope a few horses and fell in love. But not at close to $800/pair. :oops:
I bought some stingrays on eBay but they are too tight to ride in. I'm not sure my foot would come out if I got hung up. So they are my "town boots". Still very nice though.

I have some Paul Bonds that were made in the 80s packed away somewhere. I really like them but I'm superstitious about the color yellow and they have tall mustard yellow tops.

·
Super Moderator
12,677 Posts
@ACinATX That is awesome that you found the right shoes! I usually have problems with shoes, because my size is all over the place depending on the style, brand, or even colour! I once tried on a pair of the exact same boots, one was brown, the other was black. The brown ones fit, but the black ones didn't! Same size, same style, same brand, same everything! Weird!
With the Ariat's though, I am consistently a 9B. I love my boots!
I have only had my one pair for just over a year, but they definitely look a lot older! I use them a lot! I have taken relatively good care for them. When I first got them, they were my first pair ever, so I had no idea what I was doing. But a couple months later, I started doing some research, and I now regularly soap them with saddle soap. The only thing it does, is keep the moisture out of them, and keeps them shiny. Before I knew to soap them, they got really dry, and are now cracked. It is very sad. I still love them though, and as long as they keep working, I will keep wearing them!
I have vowed to take much better care for my next shoes, so they last longer, and look better for more of their life.
Fit discrepancy when all else is the same but color has to do with dye and tanning methods. I have found the same and noticed some colors don't stretch or conform comfortably to your foot over time. The feel is also different when you initially try them on. That said though if you try on same shoe at different times of the day or on different days when your physical (or lack of) activities differ you could have them fit, not fit or just feel off....

·
Super Moderator
12,677 Posts
Over caring or using the wrong cleaning product or using it without follow up care can also cause problems and the leather can crack and split or even pill.

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Over caring or using the wrong cleaning product or using it without follow up care can also cause problems and the leather can crack and split or even pill.
Ugh. I totally know this. My first pair of boots ever, and I didn't know I was supposed to soap them. They are very cracked now. :(
Now I know what I'm doing, and I probably over soap my ropers. I soap every time I am done wearing them. And randomly once a month when I'm bored. I'm sure they don't actually need all that attention, but I love them. And like taking care of them.

@COWCHICK77 Why would you taunt me like that?!?! Of course I would like your boots!
But, I am saving all my money for a horse, so I have sworn off all boot buying, and everything else unnecessary (for now any ways).
I am literally addicted to shoes. Not only do I have my cowboy boots, and ropers. But I am asking for that other pair of boots for Christmas, and I have two pair of sneakers. Two pair of Much Boots, one pair of Agressor steel toe work boots, two pair of ballet flats, one pair of ankle boots form Ardene, one pair of soft boots, and one pair of flip-flops, and a pair of ice skates (not sure if those count as shoes but...) Oh, and I have a pair of town snow boots that I hate and never ever wear.
So for now, I am going to have to say no to your boots :(
I would still love to see picture though! 😜

Reactions: COWCHICK77

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
They need to be cleaned and oiled. If someone bought them I would obviously do so before shipping them.
If anyone is interested feel free to PM an offer.
Used but not abused.
20201205_104032.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,677 Posts
Every leather worker I know says as a general rule you should only use saddle soap one every 3 months or you'll cause the damage you are trying to prevent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts