1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
333 Posts
It looks like a pretty good saddle, but I wouldn't reccomend buying one off e-bay. You should try the saddle on your horse and see if you like it before buying it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I tend to be suspicious of buying things off ebay, so here's my view. I can't find any 'london' brand saddles online except for this one, and the price to me looks too low for that saddle+tack. It is also important to have a saddle fitter look at the saddle with your horse and you riding so you know it fits before you buy it. I would suggest attempting to contact the seller because it worries me that I cannot find even the brand of saddle it claims to be. The leather certainly isn't high quality, but it isn't awful. The area between the cantle and panel isn't done very well.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
No, it's not a good saddle. It's a cheap Asian import. Any leather saddle that sells NEW for under $500 on eBay should be avoided. If you're on a budget, go synthetic or used. Stick with quality name brands that have a good reputation.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
$149 new (whether it's leather or synthetic) is piece of junk: it's a very low quality stiff leather, bad tree, usually a bad fit for the horse and those saddles have a tendency to fall apart very fast. Go with the used one instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.