The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an American living in southwest France with 6 horses who needs a western trainer (one horse does reining and the other is learning to be an all-around western mount, the others are either too young or too old to be ridden so need only groundwork), and I also need a coach for western riding lessons for myself and my daughter. We are both experienced riders. There are some western trainers in France, but none of them live anywhere near us, and some I've seen ride and don't like how harsh they are with their horses.

What I'm looking for is someone who wants to spend a couple/few months in France and stay at our place (private room/bath), and a few hours a day during the weekdays do some riding, training, and/or teaching in exchange for the room and board (3 meals a day). We have an extra car, so transportation could also be part of the deal. A single person or couple would be welcome.

What I'm looking for is someone who follows natural horsemanship methods, who's patient and kind to both humans an animals, and who has experience training horses and people in western riding. You don't need to speak French, but you should be open to the culture here; there's a lot to love about France for sure, and we'd be happy to introduce you to the country and its people.

If this sounds interesting to you, please message me. Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You may want to also try posting or searching through "Yard and Groom" and "WWOOF"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts