The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had it with people who Text Message, while they drive.

I couldn't give a **** if you crash and burn while doing this, but don't you dare effect an innocents life. Just because you have lack of respect for your life and well being, but give those around you who are sharing the roads with you, the respect that they deserve.

We do not deserve to have to deal with dumb asses, ignoramus's like you, who choose to text message while you drive!! :evil: We just want to get from point A to point B without running across *** wipes who choose to not pay attention to their surroundings while behind the wheel.

I just had a lady who was text messaging while driving - she not only ran 2 red lights because she wasn't paying attention, but she also proceeded to cut me off, on icey roads.

Sometime's I wish our cars were equipped with phones, and everyone's liscence plate was their car's phone number - so you could dial them up and yell at them :evil:

PAY ATTENTION!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
i hate that too ! people crash all the time because of texting...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Totally agree with you !
My mom was texting on the interstate and almost crashed into the back of a car...Out the window the phone went. I got an earful but its not worth endangering others with your selfishness. I hate texting in general.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Our state, CO, just made it illegal to text and drive as of Dec. 1st. I'm very glad they finally put a law into effect, because I agree, too many incidents do happen because of it, and so many peoples lives are put into danger by it each day.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts

I couldn't give a **** if you crash and burn while doing this, but don't you dare effect an innocents life. Just because you have lack of respect for your life and well being, but give those around you who are sharing the roads with you, the respect that they deserve.

We do not deserve to have to deal with dumb asses, ignoramus's like you, who choose to text message while you drive!! :evil: We just want to get from point A to point B without running across *** wipes who choose to not pay attention to their surroundings while behind the wheel.

I just had a lady who was text messaging while driving - she not only ran 2 red lights because she wasn't paying attention, but she also proceeded to cut me off, on icey roads.

Sometime's I wish our cars were equipped with phones, and everyone's liscence plate was their car's phone number - so you could dial them up and yell at them :evil:

PAY ATTENTION!
BRAWHAHA!! Tell us how you REALLY feel!

I totally agree. It has been made illegal in NC, but just try to enforce that. Our high school put on a demo for those young "know it alls" who claim to be superior drivers who can "do it all". They drove a golf cart through a driving course. Then, they did it while texting. Cones flew like crows, and all kinds of accidents happened. I doubt it taught the omnipotent youngsters much, though.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I hate it when people text and drive. It is so dangerous! I don't even have a cell phone but if I get one I will NEVER text and drive. What is so sad is that it is often the innocent ones who suffer because of this.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I just hate text messaging in general, but when people talk or text while driving just PEEVES ME! If it is SO important that you MUST talk to someone, pull over and CALL them! :evil:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts

Sometime's I wish our cars were equipped with phones, and everyone's license plate was their car's phone number - so you could dial them up and yell at them :evil:

PAY ATTENTION!

That is such a good idea, it should be a national law!
Kansas is in the process of outlawing texting while driving. I think it should be cell phone use as well. I watched a woman talking on a cell phone rear-end another car and she never let go of the phone. Amazing :evil::shock:

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Texting while driving is illegal in Minnesota.

There was an accident over the weekend - 17 year old boy crossed the center line - hit a car with a grandma, mom and daughter on their way home from Christmas shopping - all three killed.

No alcohol or weather related issues. They are looking into his phone record to see if he was talking or texting.

Very sad.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Texting while driving .......

Sometimes I find it a bit difficult - it's so hard to multi-task these days.

I mean what's wrong with having one phone clamped between shoulder and ear , texting on another , eating a burger and trying to read the map ( cause I don't have sat-nav ) at the same time .

I am perfectly able to steer a car with my knees and look where I'm going with 5 second glances at the road ahead !

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I thiink I have seen people doing that NS :lol: all at 75 mph to boot

·
Super Moderator
22,659 Posts
I agree. Same with phone calls.

Over here it's illegal to talk to a phone while you're driving if you don't have a handsfree. I still see some people to do that and it vexes me like all kind of regardlessness in traffic.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That is really unfortunate you had to go thru it, but thankful to hear you made it ok.

The new vehicles are coming in with build Microsoft which unables cell phone users to press their radio to answer and hang up the phone, making it hand free. We see this cell phone issue happen all the time here and they are in the process of putting a law thru to dismiss the use of cell phones while driving.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I can't stand it either. Here in BC they just passed a law (that will be in effect in the new year) that prohibits anyone from using a cellphone in their car - drivers will be allowed to use bluetooth headsets as long as they are ONLY one-button (meaning they can only answer/hangup). Also, new drivers will not even be allowed to have their cellphones on while they're driving. I'm not too sure how they're going to catch people but hey, at least it might cut down on cellphone use in cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.