The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off on Saturday night I rode in my very first parde. A smallish parade it didn't start till the sun was long gone so everyone could see the lights. Christmas under the Stars. All floats, cars, people and even horses in this parade were lit up!

It was a lot of fun. Even being Eric's first parade and being dark and in the middle of a good size town he was such a good boy. The over head traffic lights confused him a bit but that was it! He was a champ. I was the very first horse in our group, so Eric was the leader.

We also had our photo in the Indianapolis newspaper but I don't have a copy of that. I'm sure I looked like a hag.

Of course since I rode in the parade I couldn't take photos so I snapped a few of Eric after the parade was over. Boy it was cold! The lights slipped down off his butt when I got off the saddle but they were straight down his butt attached to his dock.

First time he ever wore lit lights too!

Battery power LED lights are the bomb. Glow stick necklaces around his ankles!

He has come a long way.

Sunday we were off to Chicago! To meet pick up Hylke and see another showing of The Nutcracker. Keegan is the Sugar Plum Fairy's horse and comes out several times during the show.

While we waited for the show to get started Emily and I cleaned up Keegan tacked him up and she warmed him up before the show began.

Crummy dark phone photo of Keegan and Emily.

Whoa, flash photography man.

Keegan is getting seriously huge. He's filling out and bulking up like a beast. He's ALL stallion now!

This is what he looked like two weeks after his trainer Agnes got him up in Chicago. This was at a keuring in September.

And I took this Sunday. Holy neck!

Not the best photos to compare but I can tell. He's Mister Muscles now and only six! Lots more room to grow.

My iPhone is not ideal for shooting video in a dim riding hall so this is the best I can do.

You can see him bow, he does it great but just barely. It's several clips of just him coming out at different times.

Afterwards he REALLY enjoyed lots of treats! You can get pony rides for five dollars on some of the other horses but people kept asking if they could ride Keegan.

All horses come up to the crowd and you can give them treats. I think that's all the horses favorite part.

As always, Keegan was a perfect example of the Friesian personality. Kind and HUNGRY.

After the show ImDunToImpress and I met back up at Hylke's stall and we said our Good Byes. It was getting late and we all had very long trips ahead of us, Hylke included!

Hylke checking out all the crazy things going on in the antique riding stable.

Kisses Good Bye from his owner.

Hylke is here with Emily and I and he's settling in good! The weather is HORRIBLE right now, rain ice and snow and I am such a puss. So I didn't get many photos last night after he was settled or today.

He loves his window on his stall door and sticks his head out to chat with whoever is around.

Thanks for looking!

P.S. Just in case anyone hasn't but would like to add Keegan on Facebook this is the link. He's rather active for a busy horse... Keegan Jewell | Facebook

·
Registered
627 Posts
I always love looking at your threads. Eric is getting SO handsome! And I am jealous about that parade, sounds like you had a blast. I now wish for the opportunity to string glowy things on Lill.

Keegan is such a beefmeister. I bet he makes all the ladies swoon. ;) And Hylke looks sweet...looking forward to seeing more of her.

You have such a nice clan. :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always love looking at your threads. Eric is getting SO handsome! And I am jealous about that parade, sounds like you had a blast. I now wish for the opportunity to string glowy things on Lill.

Keegan is such a beefmeister. I bet he makes all the ladies swoon. ;) And Hylke looks sweet...looking forward to seeing more of her.

You have such a nice clan. :)
Hylke is a he! All man. Almost made it past the very strict "stallion testing" to become an approved breeding stalling. Now he's a ster gelding. :)

He was a seven time Sjees driving champion in Friesiland too! can't wait to hook him up to something.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hylke is a he! All man. Almost made it past the very strict "stallion testing" to become an approved breeding stalling. Now he's a ster gelding. :)

He was a seven time Sjees driving champion in Friesiland too! can't wait to hook him up to something.
:lol: I apologise, he just looked very feminine in those pics and I guess in my semi-catatonic state I wasn't reading everything! lol

Ok, well, he appears very handome indeed. :D And driving with him should be AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: I apologise, he just looked very feminine in those pics and I guess in my semi-catatonic state I wasn't reading everything! lol

Ok, well, he appears very handome indeed. :D And driving with him should be AWESOME.

Oh you're so right about that. I was calling him Baby Face.

BUT he can be very manly too.

I think he was being shy and also extra fuzzy right now.

This is Hylke back in his "Hay-Day", years ago.

Towards the end you can see him driving at a big Friesian convention in Reno back in 2000.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
You are so lucky. I want to come and visit those boys. They are simply amazing looking.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
If Hylke and Keegan disappear, I didn't do it!!! They are sooooooooo gorgeous!!! :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
I can't believe how well you've done with Eric...made me tear up! To see him go from what you rescued to THIS! Just wow...awesome job!

Your fresians are beautiful, but Eric has my heart...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Wow...I was at the Friesian show in Reno back in 2000, I must have seen him!

You are very lucky and they are all verrrrrrryy beautiful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts