The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone will actually read this but yeah...

I've been completly stressed because I have my first eventing compition coming up and my horse looks feral! His in his winter coat (We are coming into winter here) and his mane is gross and I couldn'tget anyone out to clip him. For these reasons I was thinking about scratching from the competition because it was going to be way to hot to canter Chinga around a cross country course. Also the rain has been horrible here so I was having to cancle my only full course show jumping practise and my dressage training session. So basically, my horse is furry, I'm not ready for my dressage, or my show jumping, I didn't have a dressage saddle so my dressage was going to be feral..

This afternoon, dad and I headed out to woop woop and I got a dressage saddle (Pictures tomorow of that), booked in Chinga for being clipped, pink jods (haha). Also we are now able to ride our dressage and show jumping practise because the weather cleared up. We are ready! Everything was hell, nothing was going my way. Now I've got everything on my side. Since I don't have any pictures of my saddle I took two pictures of Chinga today and I made a video yesterday:

Proper training videos tomorow including riding in the new saddle :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I love that trot of his. I rode a mare that trotted like that. She belonged to my trainer and my trainer was trying to give her too me as a wedding gift. I said no until after the wedding then I rode her and almost cried because I couldn't afford to keep her. And had to be responsible and grown up about the whole thing and say no to getting her. Since then she has been offered to me 5 or six times. Someday maybe i'll get the chance to say yes :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am glad things are looking up for you! : )

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's up with him being feral and whipped one week, lungeing at people, and happy as a clam the next?
:?
He looks good over that vertical, though! :)
His a mare? :D Baha no, I'm not sure personally I think getting someone more advanced to work with and show him it is okay. Truley, our trainer is amazing. The best thing that ever happened to us :)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm confused.
He was a crazy SOB one day and now he looks gentle as a kitten. What is up with that horse? o_O

·
Registered
182 Posts
My pony was a crazy feral biting thing one week and two week later was being led around and fussed over by a group of 6 10 year olds

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What a good boy!!! May I ask what you ride on just dirt? It doesnt hurt them or anything? Asking because I am moving my horse home soon and I only have a small arena to work with but lots of flat areas.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What a good boy!!! May I ask what you ride on just dirt? It doesnt hurt them or anything? Asking because I am moving my horse home soon and I only have a small arena to work with but lots of flat areas.
Nope, Chinga seems to cope fine with it. Its usually grass but the grass has gotten so low lately.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would do a lot of canter work over the next two weeks. You'll find that if you can nail it in your dressage work it'll help the jumping phases immensely. He was on the wrong lead both times in that video - you need to work on his lateral balance.
Good luck at your show - it is always exciting, and a little nerve-wracking, heading into the first comp of the season.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thankyou.. Yeahh we need to work on our leads! Dressage photos, I know whats wrong with my posistion. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.