The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I bet toooooons of you guys used to read these books when you were little, everyone that I know that is a horse lover recommends them to me. Are they numbered? Or in any old order?

Thankkssss,
ponycrazy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If I remember correctly, you could read then in any order really, though I do think that they have an order if you do want to follow it. Another good series, is the Thoroughbred series. You might want to take a look at those to if you haven't already. Those you do have to read in a particular order though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember correctly, you could read then in any order really, though I do think that they have an order if you do want to follow it. Another good series, is the Thoroughbred series. You might want to take a look at those to if you haven't already. Those you do have to read in a particular order though.

No, I havn't heard of that series whats it about???

ponycrazy

·
Registered
824 Posts
Along with the above books, I just thought I'd mention the Phantom Stallion series! They're kind of easy, but I read them in seventh and eighth grade, and wouldn't mind reading them again now. They're AMAZING! =]

·
Registered
673 Posts
I read the Saddle Club books when I was younger, you can read them in any order. I enjoyed reading those :)

There's also a Saddle Club show on discovery kids. It upsets me though, the plots are weird and don't make sense, and I don't know where they get some of their horse information. I watch it sometimes just to see the horses :oops:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm with dressagebelle, I loved reading the Thoroughbred series when I was younger. I actually still have all of them.. just cant bear the thought of parting with them! :lol:

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
To be honest I didn't like them. I was really into the Thoroughbred series tho. I couldn't put those down. I think I only read one pony club book and just could not get into them.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I read the saddle club when I was younger, I believe there is a tv show now too. I liked the thoroughbred books a lot better. The saddle club is probably a better read for the preteens, where as the throughbred book are still pretty good for older teens. I'm pretty sure they are numbered, at least the thoroughbreds were.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My daughter has the saddle club books and also used to watch the series when it was on PBS. They took the show off of there though , but she has a few of the DVDs. The books are numbered , she has up to #89 I believe but is missing a few in between. A friend of ours gave her most of them , she also has PonyPals. She seems to enjoy the books but she is 10 yrs. old, so I agree that pre teens may enjoy them more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.