The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever noticed that they or someone they know, unknowingly talk in horse nickers to their equine friends? Every time I go to see my boys i greet them with a drawn out 'heeeey' but it sounds more like a neigh! I have also noticed a few other people who do this, and expecially on some of the videos on here! I just thought that was funny. You know most of your company is your horse when you start talking like him!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
lol. I absolutly do that! My greetings usually soun like neighs and when the nicker or snort or something I tend to make that sound right back.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
haha i do that, bahaha im glad to hear other people do to! :D
haha i cluck to dogs, people and cats. and when they are doing something wrong my first action is to 'growl' or hiss like i do when my horse is getting into trouble. haha it really sometimes creeps people out! XD

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
lol guilty. My daughter was just fussing at me the other day because when I wanted her to stop I said WHOA! She said, "You can just tell me to stop, I'm not Major (my horse) :lol:

·
Registered
444 Posts
:lol:I cluck and click to my my friends and dogs and my bffs are like wat in the world r u doing and im like im making a go and there like ok lolol i also neigh randomly! lol:lol: ahahah

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I do the whole nudge people in the ribs and say 'over'
I say whoa to stop people
And I have just started calling my blue eyed blonde Candian BF Pally (palomino) he kinda went huh? what? Its like what? Palomino is cute and besides I havent met a pally I havent liked yet!!
Besides he calls me squeeky....something I still havent figured out

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
lol. I absolutly do that! My greetings usually soun like neighs and when the nicker or snort or something I tend to make that sound right back.
I mimic the nickering and snorting, too. My first horse would just keep up as long as I repeated him; I think our record was about a 10 minute "conversation". :lol: Scout does it, too, but not for nearly as long.

Sometimes I just talk to mine, just in a normal voice. Then some family member walks through the barn asking if I wanted something... Nope, just talkin' to the boys. :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAHA horse people are funny people. we creep out the non-horse people! muhaha

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I think all horse people are crazy in one way or another. :lol:
I copy Victor when he wickers or snorts. Especially when he hears me scooping his grain. He must think I've lost my mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.