The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trainer used to have what we called the Dirt Club. If you fell, or got thrown off, you had thirty days in the dirt club. After thirty days, you could erase your name, and stroll the barn shame free.

I haven't been in the dirt club in about eight months, and last time was because I was fooling around, riding my mare backwards.

Today, the horse I've been training, working on mounting abd General spookyness, threw my happy bootie into the dirt. We we're doing some desensitization with a jacket.... he did not like itmuch lol

But I got back on, worked a little more, and ended the ride with the jacket between his ears.

So for the next thirty days, I'm in the dirt club.

Anybody else?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
The last two times I came off were this summer. I was starting a gelding and he decided to take off. He started bucking and was heading for our vehicles. I decided to bail early before getting thrown into a vehicle. The second was when I was riding one of our mares. It was the first time taking her out on the road. The others with me wanted to lope a little. I was starting this mare and hadn't loped on her yet. She started bucking right over an open culvert. I decided for both our safety to bail and let her go.

I've only rode twice in the last 30 days. It's starting to get to cold and there were too many projects to get done before winter. Hopefully, the weather holds out this weekend and is nice like they are saying, mid 30s. Maybe I can get a ride in both days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: KylieHuitema

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
guess I am in the dirt club, in Sept. me and a couple friends were out riding where they do endurance rides, these trails are very challenging for the horse and the rider. Anyways, my QH mare is not a tall but very stalky, strong girl......we were headed up a really steep hill and I saw her veer off to the left, looking for better footing but forgetting I was on top and there was a tree branch that clothes lined me off of her LOL she stopped dead as I went backwards and flipped off her back end! She knew I was not happy with her thinking she knew the better way! After that she had been a good girl and listening very well to me......

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. 5 weeks. Had my vest on, landed on my butt. I'm alright, tinyliny... nothin bruised but my pride. This horse and I did this type of work last week, he hasn't bucked or flinched really in a month or so, since his mounting issue was solved. He's not spooked for lawn mowers, bb guns, tarps (on and off his head), or the kiddie pool. And we were at a walk.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
The Fox Hunt I rode with had 'The Tumbler Club'

You get away with things easily, fall off following hounds and you get fined $20 every time. This money goes towards a party at the end of the season. There are not many people who do not have the right to attend at the end of the season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.