Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Some of you may remember the little QP filly I got a couple of months ago, well she has been progressing at light speed :)

I am so proud of her, she is so willing to learn and is very forgiving of my beginner training mistakes xD

She is fully broke at the walk (flex left & right, back, turn both ways, woah etc.)

Here is clip of my little brother riding her bareback in a halter :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! I forgot to mention for people that don't know that when I got her she was only halter broke :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
She's adorable! Looks nice and easy on her face, even just in a halter! One thing I have to mention though - her halter is hanging WAY too low. You want the noseband roughly 2-3 fingers under the cheekbone I believe. Not a huge deal at this point, but for tying and such, you can break a horse's nasal bone by having it that low.

·
Registered
470 Posts
What a great girl!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's adorable! Looks nice and easy on her face, even just in a halter! One thing I have to mention though - her halter is hanging WAY too low. You want the noseband roughly 2-3 fingers under the cheekbone I believe. Not a huge deal at this point, but for tying and such, you can break a horse's nasal bone by having it that low.
That's not her halter :)

We had to use that one though because Dad had her normal one in his car and he was working so, yeah.. lol

and thanks, I do think she is quite adorable myself :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kash, thanks she is deffinatly a great lil pony :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deffinatly lacy :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
I see, but even still...not trying to be a party pooper, just saying regardless of the situation, you should use the tack and equipment that fits her. Especially if it's for riding/working purposes. Don't get me wrong, I've lost halters before and used a lead rope around the neck to bring them in, but that doesn't affect/interfere with how they're worked after, because each horse has their own gear.

Why was it in your dad's car anyway? I've had halters ride around in my trunk before, but that's because we had some horses at the farm, others being boarded...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, it was a once off things, she's fine. Her halter was in his car because he takes me up to their paddock every morning and night because I'm, wait for it... 14. Feel free to attack me 'cause teens and un-broke horses don't mix, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey your pony is soo cute! I have a 4 month old pinto filly! i cant wait till we get to the stage of being able to saddle brake her. She already leads, ties up, picks up all four feet and we are getting ready to float train her :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh congrats, she sounds lovely! What breed is she?

·
Registered
790 Posts
There's nothing wrong with being 14 and having a green horse or starting your own...I wasn't meaning anything bad by it, not trying to attack you for anything. Just saying it's always a better idea to have fitting tack and equipment when working with and especially riding said green pony. I wasn't meaning anything snotty by asking why your halter was in your dad's truck, just struck me as odd because I got the impression your pony was on your own property...am I wrong? Just curious though, why not leave her halter and lead where she is? Then you don't have to remember to bring it!

Heck, my mom STILL carts around 2 spare halters and leads in her truck on the off chance someone breaks out, then we're halfway ready to go get them! Again, I wasn't trying to ambush you...just posting my opinion. Part of which was that she was adorable and looked nice and easy on her face, you're doing good with her and nice to see a helmet on the kiddo riding!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, sorry I got a bit carried away. The horses are agisted, not at our property :)

I've been working with her ALOT on leg cues and neck reining, im going to get a video of me riding with just a rope 'round her neck, she's real good at it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.