The Horse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first story! Constructive Critcism is welcomed.:runninghorse2:

Dawn paced back and forth in front of her horses stall. Her mare had been in labor for almost 24 hours. Currently the vet was helping Bells, but the outcome didn't look to good. Suddenly she heard a plop and the grunt of the vet. Looking into the stall, she saw a foal but her mare wasn't moving and she couldn't see her breathing. She rushed forward,"Bell!" She exclaimed. The mare didn't move. Dawn fell to her knee's beside her best friend. "No you cant leave me!" She cried laying her head on the mares neck. The vet placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm truly sorry about Bell, there was nothing I could do, she lost to much blood. But there is some good news, the foal is alive." He said. Dawn lifted her head and looked at the foal. Moving to his side she ran her hand over the solid black coat. Wiping the tears from her eyes she hugged the little foal gently. "How do I keep him alive?" She asked the vet.

To be continued. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Dawn held a a bottle out to Diablo. She had managed to keep him alive for two months and wasn't giving up yet. She giggled as the little foal took the bottle and started to drink. "Hey Dawn." Her best friend Lily said as she arrived at the barn. "Morning Lily, would you ride Jaz today? I cant ride her because I have to tend to Diablo and the others." She asked. "Sure i'll ride Jaz." Lily said as she wandered off. Dawn let the foal finish his bottle before she stood up to go tend to the other horses. She fed the stallions then made sure everyone in the broodmare barn was good before heading to the geldings and mares barn. Once everyone there had been tended to she headed back towards the house. Her boyfriend would be arriving soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts