The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would share a whole butt load of Indigo photos.
He is looking better everyday!
We started to ride out of the paddock, to get him use to 'trails' etc and big load noises ( i live right in front of the highway), First day he was very spooky, and was giving me some crow hops, and tried bucking me off once. But after that we haven't had many issues, other than when i take him through shrubs, they really scare him, and he tries to go fast through them.
He really enjoys to trot or go faster, but we are solely just walking right now, he is getting better and better everyday, he still likes to toss his head and try to pull me in another direction, but listens very good other than that, with a little tug.
We are working on a lot of groundwork still, and he work's up a sweat easily atm, with the work we are doing(which isn't hard at all, hes just out of shape and with a huge hay belly)
We are working still on trotting in hand, and ground poles, and now i'm teaching him collection on Que while i'm on the ground, and i want to teach him to flex his neck too, any suggestions he keeps turning and following me, when i'm still in the same spot.

Anyways... here are photos before i write a whole novel !

More soon.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
He's looking SO much better... well done with him!
He's such a poser, its cute how his pink tongue really stands out :) I l.o.v.e(!) his halter, lol, he has quite a chunky head... it's gorgeous!!!

He really does look great!!! Well done and enjoy him!

Dani

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^thank you :) I'm really proud with how far he has progressed since i got him at the end of october :)
He does love to pose :) and i think he has a big head, but such as small dainty muzzle haha

·
Registered
444 Posts
Cute!! He s a chunkey monkey! Lol he is adorable! :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha thank you all :)
He is alot more better weight wise, now i'm just trying to get some more muscle on him and get him in shape :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank's Chesire !
I'm Looking forward to this year !, me and him have so much to work on lol, since i've been out of the saddle quite abit this winter and out of the saddle for ALONG time, last year i only rode bareback.
I do remember when i brought him home too :) , I remember when some friends thought i was crazy for buying him, including my dad, and we proved them all wrong :)

I love him SO god **** much lol !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts