The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my boys mane was at a really decent length, but getting a little shaggy, so I decided to trim it up a bit to make it even and clean cut again so I took out the trimmers and went to work. My boy decided to not cooperate and as I was about to click the button in on the trimming comb he jerks his head to the side, and the patch I was working on becomes VERY.. VERY.. short.

The rest of his mane was a few inches longer than that patch, and I simply had to make it all one length.

His mane is now an inch long and it looks SO.BAD..

It's horrible, because it's so short some of it won't lay flat [due to a cowlick, which usually isn't a problem when it's longer]

It looks so bad I just want to roach it-- Problem. My mother, and half the people where I board my guy are opposed to me roaching it. I also considered making it into a mohawk, my mom hate's the idea.

What can I do?? It looks terrible!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
If it were me, I'd just leave it. If you roach it, it'll just take that much longer to grow back. Silly ponies!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could show a picture, he looks like the poor little boy who's mom forced him to get an awful haircut the day before picture day.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Just band it regularly to ensure it stays on the side it's supposed to, and just let it grow back out! I'm so glad my mare just loves being groomed and loved on in that way, she just stands there, sometimes literally for hours, for me to make her beautiful! Hahaha

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
poor you...

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Why can't you roach it? If it's your horse, it should be your decision...

However, if you do roach it, it will just grow out to look just the way it does now, although possibly more evenly.

I'd get some MTG and start applying that to encourage speedy growth. And get pictures! =]

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JustDressageIt- That "oops" looks very similar to my oops, how did you get it to all stand up in a neat little mohawk?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
if you roach it tis going to eventually go back like that. i think loosely braid it each day will make it lie down though he look really cute like that!

·
Registered
356 Posts
stick a hood on him until it grows out and no-one will ever know - except us of course :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
I vote roach it. I love roached manes on the right neck. If you don't, just band it and put a sleazy on it for a while. And apply loooottttsss of MTG.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, my boy has a great neck in my opinion, I think he'd rock a Mohawk or a roach! I'm exploring my options right now, pics up later today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.