The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have always wondered what breed my pony is. It doesn't really matter, I'd just like to be able to call him more than just a mutt! LoL! Ummm, I am not sure how tall he is but he is a large pony, problably about 13-14 hh. I have a pHe has an aditude and doesn't want to do anything more than sit in the pasture w/ his buddy and eat. Well, heres Jake(sorry I don't have any good pics :/)-

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
He looks like he has fjord in him just from his stocky-ness and his neck is really thick like one too...but he is part somthing else as well do you have a face shot of him?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I can see that...here is another pic and the only sorta face shot I have but I don't think it will help much :/

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any more thoughts? I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
He is one chunky monkey! I have no idea on breed, I just want to go up and play with those cute ears!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would say a Quarter Pony to........... and those are the CUTEST ears i have ever seen on a pony

·
Registered
148 Posts
he is sooo cute and fluffy!!! i don't think i would care what breed he is he looks sooo cute and cuddly!! I have no idea what breed mine is except for that he has Appy and QH in him!! Butttt i don't care what breed he is !

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i think he looks like an Icelandic cross,but i used to have a poa that looked kind of like him too....here are some pics of icelandics. my friends used to have one. they are real stocky little ponies:

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I honestly think that he is a crossbreed. Probably some sort of cross between a quarter horse and a welsh pony. He is very stocky and from the sound of his attitude he seems like a typical pony <3 although not all ponies are lazy but that would be my guess :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
I doubt he's got any Fjord in him, since I can't see any dun markings, & Fjords are homozygous for dun. I'd guess that he's some sort of Quarter Pony cross.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Im gonna venture out an say QH X icelandic or Quarter Pony x icelandic....hes so cute an fluffy though!!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THanks eveyone. His ears do look like the icelandics' and he sure does get furry like those too. I'm with pidge on this, qh/qp x icelandic

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh and what color do you guys think?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts