The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I had a kitty in my basement. I was feeding her regularly. I wanted to trap her and make her part of my family. Because of that (i think) she doesn't even come to the basement anymore. I'm such a fool, why didn't I just leave her alone. I basically ran her out of her safe haven (my basement). :cry: I'm so afraid something has happened to her. Please send out prayers and good vibes for my little basement kitty. I wish with all my heart that I didn't try and catch her, I shoulda just fed her and left her alone. I really was just trying to help.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm sorry you guys, I don't know why I'm so upset over a cat that I don't really know. It's just that I have been feeding her for a long time and it really bothers me that she isn't coming around. I'm so upset that she isn't coming to my basement anymore....what should be her safe haven.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Feel better soon :cry:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Awww, I'm sure she's just fine. She probably found a new place to hide out, or she's off for a few days on the hunt for something!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I understand - we had LBC (Little Black Cat) who found his way to our place last year. He was with us for over six months, never did warm up to human contact, and then disappeared and didn't come back (before he'd be gone for a few days but then show up again). I still think about him and wonder what happened.
Leave some dry food out (if you don't need to worry about attracting rodents that is) in the place she was used to being fed and she may surprise you and come back. Most cats won't leave a place completely over a little stressing - just take a few days and come back to see if it's safe again. When/if that happens, just take things slowly with her to gain her trust rather than trying to capture her.
I have used the slow and steady method with several cats who have gone from being untouchable to being able to be adopted into new homes -- in fact, we have Flopsy that is now a permanent part of our family. He showed up around the same time as LBC, took almost five months to let us touch him and is now the happiest housecat I've ever known.
I hope you see her again soon!

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
I see. You managed to create a some kind of bond with the little kitty already and now you're upset when she decided to go. Nothing wrong with it.

Hope she'll be around soon. Take it slowly in the next time :).

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I did leave her food out for her just in case she does come back. Thanks for the advice themacpac, If she comes back I will try and gain her trust. It's great of you to be helping those poor kitties that you have rescued.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts