The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the book years ago, it was so interesting. I want to see the movie and was wondering if anyone else has read the book and seen the movie.

If so, how do you feel they ( the screenwriters) did to translate the book to movie?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I never read the book but I didnt think the movie was good at all. The ending was really bad. The rest of the movie was ok. But the end was just, wierd, stupid, and creepy. Haha:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ive read the book 3 times, loved it. Have not seen the movie as of yet, but hoping im not let down!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
never done either but it sounds interesting so I may just pick up the book. I'd love to see the movie though. :D

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive read the book 3 times, loved it. Have not seen the movie as of yet, but hoping im not let down!
Yes, this is my concern about seeing the movie. So many times the movie is so flat compared to the book.

In the advertisements, I get a sense that revenge on the fathers part is a dominant thread. As you know, that never really entered into the picture because of the circumstances (don't want to say too much and ruin a great read for any one out there).

I think my daughter and I will be going tomorrow night. I'll let you know whether you should just pass on it and keep the book instead. :wink:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, just saw the movie tonight. They did a fairly good job but it is not the quality of the book. I'll have to reread the book, been too many years since I have, and then I can better compare. Going strictly on memory (ya, that's never good :wink: ). If you're not familiar with the book, then the movie should be fine.

Felt they selected very well for Mr Harvey, and also for Susie.

Enjoyed the popcorn and lemonade very much!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lucara you will not be disappointed! Such a great and fast read. Let us know what you think of the book when you're done.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Since becoming a mom I have a hard time seeing movies where children are the focus of a tragedy. My husband wants to see this, but I don't know if I can bring myself to see this one. Just the name gives me the heebie jeebies!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
It was one of the last books I read. I'm not sure if I'll see the movie or not.
I just all of a sudden stopped reading a few years ago. I used to read a book a week or more. I never have figured out why I stopped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.