The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm incredibly interested in this guy. What do you guys think? I talked to the owners all night last night and they like my mare as well. We are talking about in the next few weeks trailering one or the other to one of our places and trying them out. I've had about 20 people interested in trading and I've only liked 3. This is the one that I keep going back to.

I like him because he's already broke to ride, already done some fun shows and he's nicely colored.

Here is his ad:
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1504679 - Amigos Sunny Delux

Here are some videos of him:

Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Looks like a very nice horse to me.
You sit well too
The two of you go well together.

You should be able to tell by the feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Be careful about working the horse too hard on frosted/icey ground - you might bruise the sole of the feet.

And I like the dog as well

B G

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
They are not doing him any favors in the lunging video. He looks lame but I would guess it is that uneven frozen ground.

What do you plan to do with him? His jumping style is not the safest (dropped knees). It may improve with proper work, it may not.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't plan to jump. I'm not really good at jumping. Maybe do some walk trot classes at some fun shows. Nothing major. Also, some trails.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I like him, he sounds and looks very well broke. I do agree, he looks a little off in the lunging vid, but i think its the frozen un-even ground. I would get a vert check just in case. I would trade.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Seems sweet and well broke.

I'd be concerned about the shape of that wither, it will be very difficult to fit a saddle to that wither.

You might want to try yours on him or try to find one that fits before closing the deal or you might end up with at $1200 horse that needs a $2000. saddle.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Joe, - OOPS - you should have made it plain that the rider wasn't you.

But the question now is - "would you sit as well as that girl does?"

Horses are peformance animals - it is what they do that counts.
Half of rider confidence lies in the rider's relationship with the horse.
You should not always buy because of what it looks like - you should buy/trade it because it "feels" right.

There must be a reason for your putting the horse at the top of the list. Ask yourself what that reason is - and be honest with yourself.

The other thing to do - before you make the deal - is to sit down and ask yourself why NOT to take horse.

It is a very difficult thing to do to find a horse that suits you 100%. But there is one test I have always done. I sit up on its back and I ride around a bit and I reach out for the feeling in the pit of my stomach. If my stomach (the voice of my sub conscious brain) feels happy then just maybe this might be the right horse - all other things being good.

There is one more thing - will the horse like you - when you get it home?

B G

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BG- I'm sorry. I mentioned that I hadn't met him yet so I assumed that it was noted. : /

I'm going down to meet this guy next weekend but it's not to trade it's to buy. So we'll see how things go. I finally found a new boarding place, so hopefully everything works out. : )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.