The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Who do they compete against. The black horse that is spinning is doing an awful job of it.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Who do they compete against. The black horse that is spinning is doing an awful job of it.
You are being too kind. The only horse in the western part who was 1/2 way decent was the last one and I think that was sailing smart. The others where well lets just say if that is keeping it natural I will stick with what I am doing.

·
Registered
251 Posts

I'll say

The first horse (the dressage one) didn't appear (to me) to be working from behind.
Edit: actually none of te dressage horses moved from behind.

The *first/black* reining horse looked to be fighting the bit a lot, there was a lot of 'chomping' going on and they didnt look at all comfortable.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I don't want to start an argument or for followers to become defensive, but that wasn't very impressive especially if that is their "competition team".

(Just a side note, it's interesting that they are using bits - and double reins on the first one.)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Haha I agree about the aweful spins. The cutting horse is just all over the place. And the first dressage rider's hands are all over the place!
I don't understand what these riders have to do with parelli? And I agree that this isn't a very good representation for a competition team.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Haha I agree about the aweful spins. The cutting horse is just all over the place. And the first dressage rider's hands are all over the place!
I don't understand what these riders have to do with parelli? And I agree that this isn't a very good representation for a competition team.
I thought the one riding the crappy black horse was "Pat Parelli" am I wrong? :-|

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I don't want to start an argument or for followers to become defensive, but that wasn't very impressive especially if that is their "competition team".

(Just a side note, it's interesting that they are using bits - and double reins on the first one.)
That was my thought also.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
What is has to do with Parelli is that the first western horse cutting the bald face was Pat.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I thought the one riding the crappy black horse was "Pat Parelli" am I wrong? :-|
NO I believe you are correct. If you go right to Youtube you will see that these clips are from the Parelli camp.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
The only thing I find confusing is the last words on the video. "Keep it Narural". I just did not see anything narural in any part of it.

The first "dressage" rider is very very bad. The rider's seat position is behind the balance plumb line and is in fact hindering the horse. The hands are all over the place and didn't help the picture any.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I wasn't going to comment on the dressage rider but I thought it looked awfull also. The rider was leaned way back and just looked floppy.

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
Is this a lower level team?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Parelli team using bits? What a shame! :lol:

A question to dressage people (no sarcasm, just curious). Are you suppose to ride with pointed out toes in dressage kicking horse non-stop? I always thought the legs should be quiet for the most time unless you give a cue, but I took couple lessons from dressage (hm-hm) trainer, and she was keep saying I have to kick horse non-stop in dressage. I stopped taking lessons with her for number of reasons (kicking was one of them plus some other).

·
Registered
251 Posts
NO I believe you are correct. If you go right to Youtube you will see that these clips are from the Parelli camp.

Well, at least he can jump a picnic table... can't ride worth a darn, but he can jump that picnic table in his promotional thingies over and over again....

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
The only thing I find confusing is the last words on the video. "Keep it Narural". I just did not see anything narural in any part of it.

The first "dressage" rider is very very bad. The rider's seat position is behind the balance plumb line and is in fact hindering the horse. The hands are all over the place and didn't help the picture any.

Omigosh I am so glad you commented on that because I was really afraid for dressage riders everywhere...

As for these guys, I think you are right it's a camp. Not really the "team".

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Where are the Parelli followers now? I would like to hear the other side of the argument.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Well, at least he can jump a picnic table... can't ride worth a darn, but he can jump that picnic table in his promotional thingies over and over again....
Oh that is good. Can I use that quote at some point.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
1 - 20 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.