1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,485 Posts
Is this a lower level team?

·
Super Moderator
27,485 Posts
The only thing I find confusing is the last words on the video. "Keep it Narural". I just did not see anything narural in any part of it.

The first "dressage" rider is very very bad. The rider's seat position is behind the balance plumb line and is in fact hindering the horse. The hands are all over the place and didn't help the picture any.

Omigosh I am so glad you commented on that because I was really afraid for dressage riders everywhere...

As for these guys, I think you are right it's a camp. Not really the "team".

·
Super Moderator
27,485 Posts
That may be why the OP posted. She was at one time very heavily involved in Parelli and has recently begun to explore more traditional methods.

·
Super Moderator
27,485 Posts
that was a horrible video.

·
Super Moderator
27,485 Posts
Somehow it is not surprising.

She failed in dressage too. (just for those that don't know the "real" story behind Linda.)
I don't know the "real" story. I just always assumed she was married to a trainer and she decided to ride on his coat tails... I know that sounds mean, but it's what I thought....

·
Super Moderator
27,485 Posts
If you look at the video closely she gives a release every time he puts two eyes on her. It just doesn't happen for very long at first. They only get the release when they are doing something right. He stares off at something else and she bumps him with the lead and then he puts his attention on her and she quits, then his eyes wander off and he gets bumped again. I don't see how everybody is missing it. She is really aggressive because he is really disrespectful. Most horses are not that bad which is why most trainers don't have to do that.
Now that you've put your 2 cents in... I went back and rewatched. I see what you are saying and now it makes more sence. Is that the way you would have handled it? Also, a few threads ago you mentioned a book that I should look into regarding ground manners. What was the name of that book again?

·
Super Moderator
27,485 Posts
I think the book I mentioned was True Horsemanship through Feel by Bill Dorrance and Leslie Desmond.
Thanks! I ordered it off amazon just now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.