The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
The only thing I find confusing is the last words on the video. "Keep it Narural". I just did not see anything narural in any part of it.

The first "dressage" rider is very very bad. The rider's seat position is behind the balance plumb line and is in fact hindering the horse. The hands are all over the place and didn't help the picture any.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
But these people are not only claiming to be professionals they are taking a lot of people's money in the process. :-|
I would even venture to guess they are "level 3 professionals?"

I wonder what they charge.............................

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
FYI, the first rider, Lauren, is paralyzed from the waist down.

That may be and good for them trying but I have seen riders at the para olympics just as disabled riding much much better.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
She deserves a BIG credit for that. Seriously. I'm always amazed with handicapped people still doing sport they love.

They all do.

I saw one rider at the paraolympics that rode WITH NO LEGS. It was a few olympics ago and they sat up straight as a dye (no leaning back and had quite quiet hands also) and she also rode with a single bridle so didn't have the advantage of the double that the rider in the video had. Can't remember her name but shows you what can really be accomplished.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
So this is his version of horsemanship, that we "lesser mortals" are supposed to aspire to?

Eek. . .circus tricks and lots of hauling on the mouth. . .no thanks.

That is not a piaffe but a horse mincing its steps. There is no lowering of the croup or lifting of the front. The hind end steps are not even under the horse's body.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Actually they AREN'T talking about NH trainers....they have a list of all the "Parelli friendly" trainers that they have personally worked with on their website. It doesn't mean they necessarily 'do' Parelli but they know the methods and they agree with them.

To me they would have to be PP friendly for so many GOOD trainers won't touch a Parelli trained horse...I won't.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Hm, I always thought a GOOD trainer would take ANY horse.:wink:

I agree with Mercedes that any HORSE is worth it.

My reason for posting what I did is because of the owner/rider.

It takes twice as long if not more to train a rider over training a horse. I have had to retrain many horses and the one thing that holds them back from excelling in what the owner/rider wants is the owner/rider themselves.

Horse don't have hang ups like people do and since I freelance I am not there all the time. So what the owner/rider does (and I do give them "homework") will determine how good that combination eventually turns out..

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Wanted to post this. This is apparently Linda Parelli, it's from one of her seven games DVDs. Can anybody guess what is trying to be taught?
Click Here

Give up? They're trying to teach him to back up.
Somehow it is not surprising.

She failed in dressage too. (just for those that don't know the "real" story behind Linda.)

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
HAF...partly right.

Basically she had a horse SHE could not handle. But the scores she got in dressage showed she simply couldn't ride nor have an understanding of what she was doing in dressage. There are a lot of "hot" horses in dressage and you have to know what you are doing to work them right. If I remember correctly she blamed the coach she had at the time but coach or no, if you can't ride you simply can't ride. She needed a nice quiet trail horse and that would have suited better.

If you look at the videos she has out there with WAZ "trying" to teach her it sure looks like he gave up and just barked out instructions not really caring that they are not done correctly.

Anyways she somehow tagged up with Pat and maybe some of what Pat did helped the horse but my guess is that when Linda stopped "trying" to ride high level dressage on it the horse was happier.

Most of the rest we know but Linda's riding or understanding of dressage hasn't improved and she still "attempts" to fake it.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Found this on another site. . .the results from the Parelli Competition Team's most recent show. I found it rather humorous, actually. . .they brag about a bunch of first place ribbons, when it turns out that the Parelli riders who won First Place were the only riders in their class. . .:lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The show was a wonderful success. The team entered a total of 18 classes and brought home 18 ribbons total: four 4th place, four 3rd place, four 2nd place, six 1st place and one Championship.

Opportunity USEF Training Level Test 3-Open
(C) Anderson,
1 Bliss Wargovich Leonardo 63.200%
2 Sussanne Neff Maile 60.400%
3 Mattie Coward AR Especial 57.600%
4 Lyndsey Fitch Peanut 56.400%
here are 3 of the ribbons, they competed against each other, but another person took first :lol:

Here's how they took a first place:
Opportunity USEF First Level Test 1-Open
(C) Anderson,
1 Emily Thompson Porsche 61.667%she was the only rider. :lol:
And 4 other ribbons-how better to get them all than to be the only one in the class!

FEI Para Equestrian TOC
(C) Rogers,
1 Lauren Barwick Hungarian Cayenne 71.429%
2 Lauren Barwick Hungarian Cayenne 71.176%
3 Lauren Barwick Maile 70.952%
4 Lauren Barwick Maile 70.476%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The judge was VERY generous even with 1 entry in the class..

If they competed in many other open competitions the scores would have been a lot less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.