The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Where are the Parelli followers now? I would like to hear the other side of the argument.
Argue? What is there to Argue? I think the video speaks for itself.

If they were people in training, getting lessons, and actually trying to improve... ok I would not comment on it becuase imo if your trying (and paying for professional help) you should not be criticized in any form...

But these people are not only claiming to be professionals they are taking a lot of people's money in the process. :-|

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow. . .the "dressage" was just. . .wow. . .:shock:

Exactly what are they trying to prove about the superiority of PP's training system? I didn't see anything particularly inspirational in that video, and certainly nothing I would want to want to aspire to.

·
Super Moderator
27,571 Posts
That may be why the OP posted. She was at one time very heavily involved in Parelli and has recently begun to explore more traditional methods.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
But these people are not only claiming to be professionals they are taking a lot of people's money in the process. :-|
I would even venture to guess they are "level 3 professionals?"

I wonder what they charge.............................

·
Registered
251 Posts
I didn't see anything particularly inspirational in that video, and certainly nothing I would want to want to aspire to.
As I already commented the lack of insperation is most likely due to the fact that there was no repeated picnic table leaping going on :lol:.
Totally being sarcastic by the way.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Well if there was a competition for jumping picnic tables bare back PP would win as he in the only one that would actually think that was a good idea.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Where are the Parelli followers now? I would like to hear the other side of the argument.
It's not the end of the day yet. Just be patient!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I was VERY disappointed with this video.

Especially with the first rider... I actually didnt watch teh full video till AFTER I posted.. I saw the first rider and im like hmm I kinda want to share this.

Very poor riders IMO! That actually goes for pat as well...at least in this video.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's not the end of the day yet. Just be patient!
Its not NATURAL for them to come out this early, they are busy in the backyard playing catch with their horses...

I will have to agree with everyone those spins looked terrible. And the cutting was nothing special.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Aside from the dressage flaws, I was very disappointed with the cutting and reining. I can understand that the dressage may have been a camp show but that was PP doing the Western segments and they were awful.

Was this put out by the Parelli people?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Aside from the dressage flaws, I was very disappointed with the cutting and reining. I can understand that the dressage may have been a camp show but that was PP doing the Western segments and they were awful.

Was this put out by the Parelli people?
Yes it looks like it was. If you click on the video in the OP it will take you to Youtube and it is there deal it looks like. Looks like it is a new one too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yikes, thats some scary stuff. I know I've said it before, but I notice some extremely similar patterns with horses trained with the Parelli system. I have a horse that was trained by a Parelli trainer (he was a rescue, would never actually go out and buy one) and it is a constant struggle to try to put his body back together. They all have that long, tubular middle, shuffley hind legs, and heavy front ends. I could be wrong, but it looks like more to me than horses that are not trained in self carriage, it looks like there is some similar practice that is pushing these horses into these patterns, its all just way too common, I can pretty much peg a Parelli horse from a mile away. I personally wasn't impressed at all.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I actually said "god awful" out loud. And said "what is that person DOING?!" to the first dressage rider. I know absolutely nothing about dressage, but in general all of the riding was just hideous.

Reminded me of a video I saw (also posted here) of a jumper competing at a national level of a rider who would literally come out of the saddle and then crash back onto her horse after each jump.

21 - 40 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.