The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering crossing Cowboy's sire on Tatum when she gets old enough. Why? Because the boy can PRODUCE!!! I don't have any great pics of him except the one below, but he's a top 10 world show halter, and here's his record:

Superior Halter, Top Ten in Open & Amateur Halter at World Show. Performance pts in Western Pleasure & HUS. Sire of point earners of 400 Halter, 500 Performance, 25 ROMs, 7 Superior a. Sire of two World Champion Halter horses. Sires conformation, disposition and color. High point earners.
Sire of Extra Attention and Rapped In Attention – Honor Roll Horses.
He's produced this:

And of course, our most favorite paint horse 8D

I think it could potentially be a great cross... Thoughts? Oh by the way, his stud fee is super affordable.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
She is Qh right? i think it would be a nice halter/ hunter/ WP cross. i think their conformation is very similar, you might want to be careful, the foal could come out very pig on stilts with both of their mug muscle fine little legs and hooves build. I personally would breed her to something with a little more bone.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yea I would have to see the mare. But the #1 problem with color bred paints is bad feet and legs so you need to be careful that you aren't breeding for a tank that stands on toothpicks.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, she's breeding stock Paint... It's the filly in my HorseForum barn, Triple Platinum. 'Turd', LOL. She won a bit of money last year as a weanling, was a futurity champion, and is a grand daughter of Mr Yella Fella and RH Mr Imprint.

Crappy Futurity Picture, Initiate!!!

Her faults are her less than ideal neck... It's not bad, it just needs quite a bit of sweating... and her heels area little blech. Other than that, she's great. Her own dam was a top 5 at the world show as a yearling. And Tatum is not butt high anymore.. She's level - for now.. XD

Nittany - Cowboy has great legs and feet, and so do all of Special's offspring that I've seen n__n Well, for awhile he didn't - but that was due purely to malnutrition and neglect. And actually, Cowboy's full sister was quite a big wig on the Illinois H/J circuit - she was solid bred though.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL naw, she's been tested - she's LWO negative. Didn't occur to me to post that because I knew in the back of my mind she was! Haha! She's also N/N as is Special.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Naturally!! But it won't be for a few years! She'll have to be broke to ride and be able to work before I consider bringing another baby into the world. Just cause she's got a uterus doesn't mean she's gonna use it! LOL

In all honesty, she does work very well and does try to please. She's just a spazz most other times with other handlers... She and I have clicked quite well. It went from a blonde diva fight, to a blonde diva team.

Watch out exhibitors of 2010! Blonde is back and ready to be FIERCE!

·
Registered
924 Posts
She is a cutie! And we demand recent pictures of her soon! As far as the breeding goes...it looks like you have everything thought out and they are a good match health/physical wise. I say go for it when she's old enough.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'll get pics as soon as she sheds out! Well, good pics. It gets nice and warm, and then it gets cold again - it's like they suck it all right back in! It's looking like she's going to be a pretty golden palomino. She's getting dark 8D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.