The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an absorbent thin pad to put underneath of my Skito pad that won't change the fit of the saddle. I've found 2 wool ones but they are 1/2" thick and I think that'll be too bulky underneath of my current one. I'm looking for something to keep my horse cooler! Any ideas?:think:

·
Registered
17,293 Posts
If you use a natural felt (at least 90% wool), altho it's 1/2" thick it will compress and is wonderful for wicking moisture away. Good wool felt won't have been bleached or dyed. Mine is sand colored, a combination of various shades of wool.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I sell the 5 Star wool liners - they are in 1/4" thicknesses. I don't like liners myself - I ride in the 5 Stars for a reason & that is what I want against my horses' backs, but do sell a good amount of the liners.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking for something thin for underneath my Skito pad, but something that'll help keep my horse's back dry. I was looking at wool felt ones, but many are 1/2" thick. I guess I could try that thickness, but I'd rather it be as skinny as possible!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm looking for something thin for underneath my Skito pad, but something that'll help keep my horse's back dry. I was looking at wool felt ones, but many are 1/2" thick. I guess I could try that thickness, but I'd rather it be as skinny as possible!

not sure if you didn't see my post above this one of yours or not interested - but 5 Star has a 1/4" wool liner. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.